|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 27, 2022|
|Category|| Communication |
|Job Type|| Internship |
Lot 3: Sub-Saharan Africa
Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola; Benin; Botswana; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cabo Verde; Cameroon; Central African Republic; Chad; Comoros; Congo, Dem. Rep.; Congo, Rep.; Cote d'Ivoire; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Eswatini; Ethiopia; Gabon; Gambia, Ghana; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Kenya; Lesotho; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Mali; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Niger; Nigeria; Rwanda; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sudan; Tanzania; Togo; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe
We are currently looking for a pool of communication consultants for FWCs, supporting the EIB in the delivery of communication campaigns and activities in various countries or regions outside the EU. Such activities will contribute to raising EU and EIB visibility and increasing awareness of the positive impact of the projects supported by the EU and the EIB with the largest possible audience in those countries or regions.
The communication consultants will be supporting the implementation of the Assignment in the relevant country or region, including coordination with all stakeholders and management of any subcontractors or service providers. They are expected to have professional experience in implementing communication campaigns in the relevant country or region as well as the necessary language skills.
- Development and validation of a detailed, costed implementation plan
- Establishment of working process and contact protocol among the local team and project stakeholders for the implementation of the campaign
- Timely implementation of the communication campaign
- Planning, organisation and management of press conferences and/or events and/or focus groups and/or workshops
- Coordination with all stakeholders, including organisation of regular coordination meetings, as required
- Media outreach
- Negotiating and/or buying traditional or digital media advertising space
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on communication activities
- Establishment and management of partnerships, e.g. with NGOs or influencers
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in journalism, communication, social science or an academic equivalent;
- Fluency in English, including the ability for clear and concise oral and written expression;
- Fluency in the main language spoken in the country of the assignment
- 8 years of professional experience in communication services, including 5 years in the country of the assignment;
- 4 years of experience in developing and implementing communication campaigns, including production or quality control of video, audio, printed materials (media and multimedia products) and events;
- Experience in the delivery of communication services for international organisations (EU, UN, IFIs) or public institutions in the country of the assignment.
- Experience with EU Delegation in delivering communication activities would be a great advantage.
Please ensure to upload your CV when applying for the position.
We encourage all applicants to follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ntu-international/
Only selected candidates will be contacted.