|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Contract |
To support EPHI and RHBs in planning, implementation, and monitoring of VDPV-related C4D activities and interventions aiming at strengthening preparedness and responses for Polio outbreaks in Ethiopia. UNICEF is committed to providing technical and advisory support in the area of C4D, risk communication, and behavior change communication and social mobilization.
- Provide technical support to EPHI and RHB, on C4D component , in conducting investigations for any reported case of VDPV as required to inform Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) strategy and interventions
- Participate in the outbreak investigation teams/missions where required
- Support coordination of Polio -specific C4D preparedness and response activities
- Support the development and endorsement of SBCC strategies and activities for Polio outbreak response
- Support development, review and pre-testing of multi-media Social/BCC and training materials where required
- Train relevant personnel on Social/BCC of different emergencies Participate in coordination and technical meetings in FMOH and EPHI
- Facilitate and participate in monitoring and evaluation activities of Polio outbreak responses and interventions
- Participate in the Polio EOCs and other coordination forums where required Analyze and interpret the C4D activities outcomes from IMO for each SIAs.
Expected deliverables and time frame
|Report on Messages developed and/or revised for printing/ mass media||Monthly|
|Technical reports on assessments conducted||Per assessment|
|Monthly performance report on the progress of implementation, challenges, and opportunities||Monthly|
|Report on training and capacity building activities carried out||After each SIAs|
|Sharing of interest stories and photos||Monthly|
The consultant will be recruited by ABH and will report to the ECO Polio focal person at the health section and in close technical collaboration with C4D specialist at health section- ECO.
- University degree in social science, public health, communication for development I Social and behavioral change communication or relevant field;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experiences working in Ethiopia's health sector or related sectors
- Experience in emergency settings and contexts
- In-depth understanding of Ethiopian communities and key district actors
- Capacity in the design, planning, monitoring, evaluation, mentoring, training and skills-transfer of participatory governance in particular
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English and Amharic language skills; proven ability to work effectively with government and multi-stakeholders.
- Experience in generating evidence and in the documentation of best practices.
- Excellent facilitation, organizational and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to present information in Word and PowerPoint formats. Ability to manage and analyze basic data in Excel and produce charts/graphs. Basic familiarity with WHO, UNICEF, and bilateral agency work in support of vaccination programs and implementation and their practices and procedures. Strong interpersonal skills, and work effectively with people at all levels;
- Desirable: Previous experience working with, or within UN organizations. Familiarity or experience with Polio eradication efforts
Qualified and interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements can submit their CV along with application letter through firstname.lastname@example.org by stating the position you are applying on the subject email