|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2021|
|Category|| Advertising |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Organization Profile and Background
Welthungerhilfe/German Agro Action is an international NGO with Head-Quarter in Bonn and working in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe/GAA is fighting to help free the world of hunger and poverty. This vision is the basis of our organization’s character and activities. Welthungerhilfe/GAA secure funds from private donations and international funding organizations, for example, EC, USAID, UN-OCHA, ECHO and German Government. We work in the sectors of Rural Development, WASH, Natural Resource Management and Social Development. Welthungerhilfe/GAA Ethiopia follows partnership approach for project planning, implementation, and administration with Ethiopia Partner-NGOs and in exceptional cases WHH/GAA implements projects by itself.
What We Offer
- A multicultural work environment where differences are accommodated
- A continuous learning culture
- Innovative and creative work practices
- Flexible work arrangements
- Very attractive pay and benefit packages (life and medical insurance ,Provident fund & Pension)
- Working with an organizational philosophy: “help the poor to help themselves”
Objectives of the position
The communication officer will manage effective and interactive communication of Welthungerhilfe Ethiopian Program, through different mediums, as well as preparing communication materials to increase the organizations visibility in Ethiopia and Somaliland.
Duties and area of responsibilities
- Prepare communication strategy for WHH Ethiopia and Somaliland with the support of Regional Representative.
- Assure that all staffs are informed on changes, new developments, vision, objectives and strategy.
- Prepare and update promotion materials, public relation materials and brochures.
- Prepare high standard pictures and videos of the WHHs program in Ethiopia and Somaliland.
- Assist the regional representative by preparing presentation materials for donor meetings, program visits and government visits.
- Invite media, in- consultation with the regional representative when starting of multi- year programs, successful finalization of programs or in case of donations like drilling rig, inauguration of projects.
- Preparation of annual achievement reports.
- Actively update and upload program activities, important events and the like on WHH Ethiopia and Somaliland page on office 365.
- Liaise with each program staff and jointly prepare project briefing documents for each project (two pager).
- With the support of program advisor aware partners to document best practices, success and to have a good photo documentation and videos.
- Ensure that proper visibility of WHH and donors are placed in the project site.
- Liaise with Press and Marketing departments in Bonn to provide supportive documents, pictures, videos that can be used as fund raising, promotion and as communication tool for donors.
- Support, facilitate and accompany the visit of journalists.
- Ensure that important PR documentation of WHH reached to donors, partners and government stakeholders
- Carryout interviews, project visit and attend meetings to prepare success stories, to document proceedings & discussions and lesson learnt.
- Ensure that success stories and best practices are disseminated to partners, our HQ, donors and government stakeholders.
- Make sure that WHH is presented and participates in the CCRDA best NGO practice event.
- Support and assure that all WHH staff and partners adhere to the brand of WHH.
- In consultation with HQ Bonn, start public relation and promotion activates through social media (twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube)
- Manage preparations of events and guest relations
1. Knowledge and Qualifications
BA in Public Relation, Marketing, Journalism or related field
Minimum 5 years of work experience in a similar function in an international NGO with good performance related to communication
1.1 Advanced knowledge of English
1.2 Must be a good communicator and presenter
1.3 Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design
1.4 Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
1.5 Computer skill, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel, Power Point, and other software.
2 Social skills
2.1 Good communication skills with colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
2.2 Intercultural competence, motivated and willing to take the initiative (determination).
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter with three reference to WHH Ethiopia through www.ethiojobs.net no later than August 19, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.