|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2021|
|Category|| Communication |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA) is non-governmental, apolitical, non-religious consortium of 80 CSOs. It is a consortium of women; children and girls focused CSOs that are engaging on empowerment of women, girls & children; and gender equality in all regional states and city administrations of the country. It is established in 2010 as a platform to voice the voice of its members and beneficiaries as well as capacitate and coordinate the efforts of its member CSOs towards women, girls and children empowerment; and realization of gender equality and women rights.
Currently, UEWCA is executing different projects focused on women/Girls empowerment and climate change Gender Responsive Budgeting Human Trafficking and combating modern slavery at different region at the country with the fund obtained from Farm Africa ( SIDA) and Action Aid UN- Women .
Respectively Therefore UEWCA is seeking experienced professionals for the following positions
Department: Executive Director Officer
Accountable To: Executive Director
Required Candidate: One
The practitioner provides communication and public relations services to the organization by giving advices to the management. The officer will design strategy, publications & communication tools which assist in organization advocacy and campaigning activities and follow and evaluate their effectiveness. She/he will perform as a spokes and a liaison person representing the organization at different incident and to different stakeholders. She/he will promote the organizations vision, goal and objectives through the enhancement of the organization communication affairs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes Advocacy and campaigning events
- Acts as a spokesperson of the organization
- Monitors public opinion about the organization on women/Girls and Children empowerment as well as Gender Equality
- Advises management on policy issues and communication strategies
- Prepare and plan public relation related project and budgets
- Lobby donors & stakeholders on behalf of the organization
- Liaison with the members, donors & stakeholders
- Liaison with the public and responds to inquiries about the organization
- Liaison with the print and television media to respond to inquiries, arranging press meetings, prepare and distribute news releases and make statements on behave of the organization as directed by the Executive Director
- Ensure adequate media coverage to all deliberations of the organization
- Write speeches; prepare visual aids and make public recantations
- Manage production of visual (film of video) and audio electronic materials to ensure quality.
- Prepare and publish periodic publications on the accomplishments of the union
- Organizes experiences haring events such as open days, visits, & exhibitions Conduct internal communication course, workshop and media training
- Monitor & design communication system of the union and recommend future necessary actions
Terms of Employment :
- One Year with a possibility of extension.
- Able to write concisely, effectively, impressively and convincingly
- Excellent communication advocacy, campaigning and organization skills
- Interest in documenting current affairs and organizational related update
- With team sprit
- Commuter skills
- Creative in audio visual & material development.
- B.A or M.A Degree in Mass Communication and Journalism/English and foreign language /Social Since
- Minimum B.A. and 8 years’ experience in the field of mass communication and journalism
- Master’s Degree and 6 years’ experience in the field of mass communication and journalism
- Audio visual and journalistic flair and experience preferred
- Pleasing and impressive personality with good communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Creative, Dynamic and Convincing skills
Interested applicants are required to submit an updated CV and supported documents, Application letter to UEWCA within five (5) working days from the announcement date in person at the organization located in the following address:
Sub-city: Yeka Woreda 08, on the main road that take from Megengna to Signal near to Sumeya Mosque in front of Yeka-Sub-city Administration, Chefe Health Center and Magic Carpet School.
Phone Number: +251-116-36-81-51
Women applicants are highly encouraged!