|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Communications and Partnerships Expert
Term of Employment: Fixed-term
Duty Station(s): Ethiopian Investment Commission (EIC), Addis Ababa
Required Number: Two
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: August 29, 2021
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sectors partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
This position is a secondment to the Ethiopian Investment Commission (EIC).
Over the years, the EIC has pursued a series of policy, legal and institutional measures with the goal of effectively realizing national investment plans and targets proposed under Ethiopia’s Growth and Transformation Plans. Clearer strategies have been put in place to attract foreign direct investment and to develop labor-intensive industries and an export-oriented manufacturing sector. Yet, the transformation of the economy is hampered by organizational and operational limitations; particular problems include an overstretched capacity of senior personnel, a limited active outreach system targeting potential investors, limited availability of pre-packaged information needed to attract quality investments, and the limited number of qualified human resources pool. To address these limitations, the EIC, together with the ATA, has developed the ‘Strengthening Investor Engagement, Advisory Roles and Regulatory Powers of the Ethiopian Investment Commission’ Program. The main objectives of the Program are to carry out strategic development of EIC’s institutional infrastructure and human resources portfolio and thereby augment its capacity to attract quality investment, to better support private sector stakeholders, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of services rendered to investors.
The Communications and Partnerships Expert will sit under the Public Relations Directorate and is expected to support EIC on a broad range of issues, including but not limited to:
- Engages in the development and ensures implementation of tailored communications, outreach, resource mobilization and other strategies to deepen and broaden EIC's existing partnership with key stakeholders and development partners.
- Conduct research, substantive review and critical analysis of information and documents for the respective organs.
- Ensures day to day implementation of the office's strategic planning processes including results-based management and reporting (track, monitor and follow-up on the progress of various initiatives, projects, action items);
- Gather, investigate, research, analyze, and/or study information affecting the Office and propose effective follow-up actions
- Overseeing the creation, implementation, and evaluation of communication and advocacy strategies to strengthen communication and knowledge-sharing between EIC and relevant stakeholders.
- Identifying in-person, print, or web-based media to communicate with key audiences and increase EIC’s brand awareness and investment opportunities.
- Overseeing the writing, editing, review, design, and dissemination of all materials developed.
v Oversee the development and dissemination of all EIC print and web-based communication activities.
- Support the development and successful implementation of the EIC Communications Strategy.
- Help oversee the development and production of key EIC publications, including annual reports, quarterly newsletters, weekly bulletins, print and online articles, news summaries, brochures, press releases, etc.
- Contextualize and package key messages, talking points, speeches, and briefing notes.
- Drive the preparation of regular and ad-hoc reports on the status and impacts of major program initiatives for internal and external consumption.
- Ensure that all print and online communications are consistent with EIC messaging and brand marketing.
v Oversee the writing, content management, and design direction for EIC’s website.
- Support the development and management of the EIC website, including keeping content up to date and making improvements to function.
- Develop and monitor brand guidelines and key messages.
- Ensure all uploaded content is up to date.
- Monitor web statistics, provide regular reports to management and develop activities to increase web traffic.
v Strengthen communication between EIC and relevant stakeholders.
- Support and organize Investment Promotion events and outreach activities.
- Develop and maintain effective networks with key partners, including government, development partners, and local and international media.
- Conduct investor outreach via surveys, online research, and in-person networking to strengthen knowledge-sharing and to solicit interest in investment opportunities.
- Support the planning, execution, and follow-up of EIC conferences, workshops, and other events organized by other divisions as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in communication, journalism, international relations, marketing, development studies, law, social studies, or other related fields.
- At least 6 years of proven work experience in communication and/or marketing including both strategic communication work and/or public relations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a broad range of communication tools: media, websites, publications, marketing, event organization, etc.
- Proven experience creating and/or managing the production of written publications, developing media strategies and relations, preparing press releases, maintaining web content.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong relationship-building abilities.
- Professional command of written and spoken English and Amharic language.
- Strong ability to work with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding of Ethiopia’s investment system, policies, and stakeholders involved in the sector.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly facilitative and collaborative leadership style.
- Strong team player with excellent management skills
- A strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty, and desire to be of service.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a CV (maximum 5 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.