|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 8, 2020|
|Category|| Advertising |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Communications and Project Officer for PIDA Coordination
GIZ Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #076/2020
GIZ AU, Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA)
The Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) is an African Union Commission (AUC) initiative, in partnership with the African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD), the African Development Bank (AfDB) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA). The AU Assembly (Assembly/AU/Decl.2 (XVIII)) approved PIDA during the 18th ordinary session of the African Union (AU) held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 29th — 30th January 2012.
PIDA as a continental initiative aims at addressing the infrastructure deficit that severely hampers Africa's competitiveness in the world market. It provides a common framework for African stakeholders to build the infrastructure necessary to create new jobs for the growing population, to increase intra-African trade and thus to boost socio-economic development on the continent.
The GIZ support to PIDA Program supports AUC and AUDA-NEPAD with the formulation of a new continental infrastructure action plan, the management of an African Women in Infrastructure Network and PIDA Instruments to promote infrastructure development on the ground.
To improve the diversity of our team, we will only consider female applicants for this position.
- Coordinate PIDA communication activities to increase visibility and awareness on infrastructure/PIDA-PAP2 process and projects.
- Develop and implement a communication plan for the second PIDA Action Plan (PIDA PAP 2) across the following channels: Newspapers, Radio and TV channels in Member States, AUC, AUDA-NEPAD and PIDA-PAP2 websites, social media, WhatsApp groups, et. al.
- Establish a Network of dedicated contacts with main newspapers, Radio and TV channels in all African states
- Assist PIDA Coordinator with correspondence to AU Member States, PIDA Partners and other stakeholders
- Support the Coordination of the African Network for Women in Infrastructure (ANWIN)
- Development and diffusion of communication media: brochures, press releases, communication briefs, roll up banners, newsletters, editorials, etc.
- Advise AUC on the communication matters relating to promotion events such as PIDA Week, participation on global meetings and conferences including side events
- Assist PIDA Coordinator with other PIDA-related tasks
- Engaging with Member states and Regional Economic Communities to guide the identification, development and submission of PIDA PAP2 proposals under the guidance of the PIDA Coordinator.
- Project management tasks of the pipeline of PIDA PAP 2 proposals under the overall guidance of the PIDA Coordinator.
- Masters' degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism or related field;
- Experience in the production, design and diffusion of communication and advocacy materials;
- Experience in the coordination with media;
- Working experience with social media;
- Prior cooperation experience with PIDA and/or AU is an asset
- Experience in one of more of the PIDA sectors (Transport, Energy, ICT, Trans Boundary Water) is an advantage
- Experience with technical or financial development partners is an advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- The working language of this assignment is English. A good command of written English is essential. Knowledge of French is considered as an asset.
- International or regional working experience outside Ethiopia is considered an asset.
- Experience in the coordination of networks is an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘#076/2020 Communications and Project Officer for PIDA Coordination’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
To improve the diversity of our team, we will only consider female applicants for this position