|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 10, 2022|
|Category|| Communication |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
With the size of World Vision’s programme in Ethiopia, it is important that the World Vision brand, key messages, and communications to communities, internal and external engagement, are of the highest quality. It is important that the Child Protection and Participation Technical Programme is able to efficiently coordinate and produce the communications collateral relevant to achieving its programmatic goals. The Child Protection and Participation Technical Programme Communications Coordinator represent the complete Communications function in the geographical area they cover, providing communications technical production, capacity building, and coordination in 4 main technical areas: Child Protection, advocacy and ending child marriage in Ethiopia campaign, ensuring field-level implementation of World Vision’s core communications and marketing strategies; Ignite Content, Ignite Global Voices, Ignite staff, and establish high-quality sustainable local funding streams. The role reports to the Integrated Communications Manager with a matrix to the Child Protection and Participation Technical Programme Head.
Also, ensure appropriate support and strategic focus on Fragile Contexts and highly sensitive operating environments, in alignment with the global strategy of Our Promise.
- As the communications representative for Child Protection and Participation Technical Programme, manage the creation and distribution of communications products for the area programs and projects in that geographical area that builds World Vision brand awareness and increases trust locally and internationally
- Develop a Child Protection and Participation Technical Programme communications plan that positions World Vision positively with local target audiences
- Support the growth of World Vision’s brand, reputation, and relationships with local audiences, by creating of social and traditional media resources, and media relationship management for increased public interaction with World Vision
- Ensure World Vision’s global brand is aligned and brought to life across all communications resources
- Produce quality stories and messages that are deployed regularly and in sync with Head Office communications – building world vision’s brand trust and awareness.
- Support internal engagement communications and initiatives to ensure staff across Ethiopia are connected, engaged, and inspired to fulfill Our Promise
- Support Child Protection, advocacy, and ending child marriage in Ethiopia campaign
- Create high-quality communications resources such as
- videos for social media, donors, and broadcast documentary content
- photo stories and essays
- graphic design materials, publications, and reports
- media relations materials such as press releases, statements, and briefings
- articles and stories for local and international marketing
- Monitor, analyze, and report on local communications metrics ensuring data-based decisions lead to increase the effectiveness of digital and web engagement
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only