|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 29, 2021|
|Category|| Communication |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a non-profit organization working in 24 countries worldwide to eradicate poverty. In Ethiopia, we have been operating since 1974, engaged in short term emergency response and long-term development programs.
Our intervention in Ethiopia focuses on Climate Resilient Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene; Gender-Based Violence; Peacebuilding; Faith-Based Climate Action; Humanitarian Emergency Response. In 2021, NCA/E has also launched a new initiative called Renewable Energy, Greening, and Sustainability Program.
We are currently operating in eight regions: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Somali, Gambella, Southern Nations Nationalities and People’s State, Sidama, and at the Federal level. To achieve our development goals, we work with faith based and non-faith-based actors that have demonstrated strong grassroots reach and influence in the society.
NCA is a member of the ACT Alliance, a coalition of organizations working together in over 140 countries to create positive and sustainable change in people’s lives.
As part of our female internship program, we would like to invite interested and competent female interns based on the below descriptions.
Norwegian Church Aid Ethiopia is seeking a dynamic Communications Intern to support its endeavors in showcasing the lessons and impact the country office and implementing partners are making in emergency response and development programs in Ethiopia.
Functions will include:
This communications internship will be 3-month internship with possibility of extending it for more three months subject to availability of fund and performance handling the tasks. Depending on the skillset, this individual will assist the Communications Advisor with communications tasks including, but not limited to: photo, and video production, information gathering, graphic design, digital asset management, event coordination, and other communications and administrative support tasks as assigned.
Photo, Video and Graphics:
- Creating high-quality video/photo content
- Managing documented digital assets
- Assisting in graphics design and layout
Information gathering and Documentation
- Undertaking field trips to NCA Ethiopia’s project areas as required.
- Interviewing rightsholders, stakeholders, and documenting information.
Miscellaneous Communications and Administrative Support:
- Create and manage PowerPoint presentations
- Assisting in communications admin such as in printing/publications processes, etc as appropriate.
- Assist during event planning and coordination, as well as documentation of events.
- General administrative and communications support as assigned.
Required number: 1 (one)
Reporting to: Communications Advisor
Length of Internship: Three to six months based on fund availability
Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
- Education: Ideal candidate is a recent graduate (graduated within 2020/2021) in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, digital filmmaking/videography, digital media, graphic design.
- Technical skills: A skillset in video filming/production and/or camera work is required; Knowledge in layout and design, infographics is desirable; Knowledge of Adobe creative tools, such as Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro is an advantage; Interviewing skills is required.
- Languages: Proficiency in Amharic and English is required. Knowledge or proficiency of other local languages is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, including social media and multimedia skills, plus strong interpersonal skills. This role requires a dedicated and detail-oriented person who can manage multiple tasks with an openness to learning.
Interested applicants are required to send their application, updated CV via email@example.com
- Only short-listed female applicants will be contacted via telephone/email.
- Multiple assessments will be undertaken to select the best intern.
- NCA is an equal opportunity organization.