|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Communication |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a Communications Specialist to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia. The Communications Specialist will work to support all communications efforts related to program activities, deliverables, and outcomes. This individual will draft all program communications at the direction of the Chief of Party, with input from the Senior LIaison Information Officer, Senior Program Development Officer, and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager. He or she will report to the Senior Liaison Information Officer. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Ensures that USAID, Dexis, partners, the public, and other stakeholders have access to relevant information about project and impact.
- Responds in a timely manner to USAID requests for information on project progress, monitoring and evaluation progress, and other queries.
- Drafts all communication program deliverables, materials, products, and media based on USAID regulations and guidelines in accordance with the branding and marking plan.
- Develops communication products, such as infographics, social media postings, impact stories, case studies, and other program messaging.
- Works closely with the Program Team to develop communications and outreach plans to support activity implementation.
- Provides training to staff and implementing partners to improve communications capacity including production of print, video, audio, and other communications material.
- Develops communication strategies to support field offices and stakeholder needs, marketing strategies and potential capacity building training stakeholders on PR and communications.
- Assists with implementation of informational sessions, events, conferences, workshops, stakeholder meetings, etc.
- Builds capacity in the assessment and development of effective internal communication and reporting tools and protocols for regular communication between regional office(s), field office, and partner and stakeholder groups.
- Monitor media to gather information about the context, products, results, or impacts of the activities.
- Advise the teams on the definition of messages and communication actions that enhance the effectiveness of the activities.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in communications, reporting or related field.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience working in environments experiencing political transition.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button from the link below.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.