|Location||Gimbi, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2020|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Contract |
General Assignment: Support Field Coordinator in overall base security management, ensuring safety and security of staffs, property and assets and providing technical guidance and direction, tactical management, emergency planning and disaster recovery management.
Objective 1: Support the field coordinator in base security management, through regular monitoring of the security situation and providing timely and relevant information for decision-making; implementation of security policies, rules and regulations in order to ensure safe operational environment.
- Support the Field Coordinator in ensuring organizational security procedures are in place; that they are understood and implemented by staff;
- Regularly evaluate existing security systems and measures and propose solutions for identified weak points;
- Participate in regular risk analysis and propose mitigation measures to ensure maximization of safety and security of staff and operations;
- Advise the Field Coordinator on community and security matters, and suggest amendments of security procedures as per the contextual change;
- Ensure timely and proper information flow related to security threats and risks; follow and timely inform the Field Coordinator on new arising threats and contextual changes related to security;
- Keep and timely update security related contact lists, base constant companion and other documents from the Local Security Plan, as per the request of the Field Coordinator;
- Keep and timely update relevant authority structures for easy follow up on power structures relavant to operation in West Wollega zone and woredas;
- Maintain regular contacts and liaise with relevant governmental and community structures to ensure relevant information flow, and support the acceptance strategy of Action Against Hunger in West Wollega zone and woredas;
- Provide Weekly contextual and security updates in form of bullet points + short narrative analysis to the Field Coordinator;
- Inform the Field Coordinator on any security issue affecting Action Against Hunger’s operations, as well as contextual issues.
- Participate in decisions related to procurement of security equipment and supplies, and security enhancements of Action Against Hunger’s premises and assets.
- Ensure regular Base security Briefings and participate in security related meetings at West Wollega base level.
Objective 2: Ensure safety and security in operations and operational movements of staff, assets, goods and property.
- Ensure that the security procedures inherent to the circulation of people and property are understood and respected;
- Ensure continuous communication with external actors and feed-in information for proper decision-making for movements and operations;
- Ensure communication with teams during field trips, with regular check-ins and security checks as per procedure.
- Participate in collecting information and reporting during field trips/assessments.
- Responsible for the safety and security of staff during movement and field trips as per the SOP.
- Responsible for the cash during field trips (per diems)
- Facilitate/play a mediator role in case of clan conflict between staff, when possible.
- Advise during the recruitment process upon request according to the local context
- Ensure security trainings and refresher security trainings to security guards, security focal points and other relevant staff; and support the Log Manager in management of the security guards in the base;
Objective 3: Liaise with and facilitate relevant communication and exchange with the Local Community, Local Authorities in the area.
- Establish or reinforce relations with the representatives of the different administrative services;
- Advise expatriates and local staff on cultural mechanisms and their impact on program implementation;
- Explain the project’s activities and objectives to local partners and the population as per need;
- Act as a link between the Organization and the beneficiaries especially in getting messages across.
- Explain Action Against Hunger principles of operation to the host community and refugee camps and the purpose to our beneficiaries.
- Sensitize local community and stakeholders on Action Against Hunger activities and mandate.
- Facilitate any misunderstandings between the organization and IDPs/Retunees/host community,
Objective 4: Support Capacity Building activties to enhace security managment
- Conduct security assessment, analysis and proffling on regular basis
- Organize fresher training on security Management,
- Support FC/DFC in SoP revisión if needed,
- Conduct regular MSS review and Reporting to FC,
Objective 5: Additional Responsibilities
- Act in line with and promote Action Against Hunger charter and principles of operation.
- Perform any additional task assigned by direct line manager, in line with job description and plan of action.
- Perform any additional task assigned by direct line manager, (N+1) in line with job description and plan of action.
- Participate in security context analysis during rapid assessment,
Mandatory to report if you hear or encounter any case of immorality to the FC, CD, DCDS, CHRM
Educational Qualifications and Skills Required:
Strong analytical capacity;
Knowledge of the intervention local context and ability to anticipate contextual changes;
Capacity to understand a situation and show authority where needed;
Rigor; Integrity; Excellent multitasking skills;
Proficiency in both verbal and written communication;
Proficiency in Oromiffa, Amharic, and English;
Good computer skills;
Relevant Work Experience:
At least 4 years of work experience in related field.
If you are interested, please send your application composed of: none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “COMMUNITY ADVISOR-GIMBI” written in the subject line, and three references, applicants to the following addresses:
- Action Against Hunger – Addis Ababa – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 2357, (On the way to Meskel Flower from Dembel city mall, Behind Addis Ababa Road Transportation Authority Garage ): or
- Through www.ethiojobs.net ; or
- Directly In Person to Action Against Hunger, Gode, Sekota, Gambella, Mega, and Hirna , Kamashi, Gimbi and Mena Sibu offices ;
“Women Applicants Are Highly Encouraged”
“Local Language Oromiffa Is Mandatory”
NB: Only short listed applicants will be, communicated on on and selection process includes technical test and an interview.