|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Position Over view: The social worker will provide support for all programs of the foundation in his/her area of expertise by working closely with the focal person at each Project.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Community based Youth Support Project
- Designs and implements the psychosocial support activities for the HIV positive youth supported in the community which includes, guidance and counseling, life skill training , recreational activities etc…
- Works on placement and transition of youth into independent living or other child alternative care plans
- Participates in home visits and provides support accordingly with the project supervisor
- Manages urgent incidents reported by the youth, teachers or house mothers in collaboration with the project supervisor
- Manages beneficiaries’ database and prepare monthly ,quarterly, and annual reports
- Undertakes responsibilities in the absence of the project supervisor
Summer residential camp and outreach program
- Oversees the overall camp project support with the support of WWO country director
- Participates in Camp budget preparation with the finance team and the country director
- Supports the Camp Leadership and Medical team.
- Ensures that staff undertake child focused activities
- Manages all communication with camper’s parent/ guardians with Camp team
- Manages documentation and reporting of the project.
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary
- BA degree in Psychology, counseling psychology, sociology, social work or related field
- 3- 5 years of work experience especially in life skill training and counseling adolescents.
- Computer skills including MS Office, Access-based databases and experience in writing reports.
- English Language Proficiency
- Exposure working with child focused projects
Interested and qualified applicant should apply through the P.O. Box Address below
P.O. Box: World Wide Orphan Foundation (WWO)