|Location||Mekelle, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, here in Ethiopia.
CARITAS Switzerland (CACH) has been working in Ethiopia for more than 30 years. Currently CACH cooperates with four partners in Ethiopia. CACH has successfully been registered as an International Non-Government Organization in Ethiopia and has therefore become operational at project implementation level. CACH’s main working fields are: Climate, Income, Migration as well as Humanitarian Aid Responses. CACH current working areas are in Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray. CACH supports and implements currently about ten projects in these regions. The organization obtained new emergency Humanitarian Aid Response project to be implemented in Tigray Region.
Summary of Duties
Facilitate overall organizational activities at grass-root level such as facilitation of all emergency project activities, Natural resource management, agronomy, livestock develop support cooperatives, income generation groups and small-scale irrigation practices, facilitate community sessions, Livelihood, Food security, Nutrition, market development interventions and follow up of activities at grass root levels and ensuring delivery of planned activities with beneficiary communities as per the project plan and time frame.
Main Role and Responsibility of this position.
Objective 1: Prepare and keep the require up to date project data:
- Socialization, sensitization of the project and organizations.
- Facilitate beneficiary selection and compliant committees.
- Facilitate beneficiary’s registration procedure.
- Provide input and up-date beneficiary data.
- Prepare lists and distribution cards.
- Plan and timely reporting the project progress.
Objective 2: Implement and follow up the emergency response activities, Agriculture and Livelihood Activities:
- Implement the planned Emergency response activities.
- Determine and update regularly the material needs for the activities.
- Monitor the day-to-day activities of emergency and FSL interventions at community level.
- Facilitate the training of the project beneficiaries.
- Facilitate and monitoring visits.
- Produce regular an activity, monthly, minute, and other necessary reports.
Objective 3: Develop the understanding of Emergency, Agriculture, and food security in the intervention area:
- Take note of any changes in the socioeconomic and livelihood conditions in the intervention area.
- Identify the actual needs of the most vulnerable populations.
- Propose potential responses to these needs.
- Explain the project’s activities and objectives to partners and the community.
- Handle other responsibilities and tasks required by the line managers.
Required Number: one (1)
- The ideal candidate represents the majority of the below mentioned areas.
- Experience in the field with other organizations in, Emergency Agricultural practices, Health, GBV, livestock, promotion of Cooperatives livelihood and food security in central fifty valley areas and other rural areas of the country.
- Humanitarian repose experiences, CFW, CTP, voucher system, water management, CHS, Livestock, intervention (LEGS)...etc
- Trained on community facilitation/PRA approach.
- Knowledge of the intervention area and Project implementation.
- Organizing communities, Participatory approaching, Problem resolving capacity and Reporting skills
- Based at Kebele level and daily monitor the project intervention.
- University Degree or Diploma in Agricultural economics, general agriculture, Rural development, DRR-CCA, Environmental health, Development studies, or similar studies.
- Complementary training in community approaching and knowing local context is a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in Agriculture and Humanitarian repose, Food Security and Livelihood in an NGO field of experiences.
- Proven experience in field-based community facilitation skills, NRM, agricultural practices, technology transfer interventions is a plus
- Able to use kobo tools and other software.
- Full command of the Local working language (Tigrigna) and English is Mandatory
The duty station will be in Tigray Region, Mekelle. The candidate must be ready to be based in Districts/kebeles and/ or frequent field trips to project sites.
Applicants send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) at CARITAS Switzerland Country office or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org