|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, here in Ethiopia.
CARITAS Switzerland (CACH) has been working in Ethiopia for more than 45 years. Currently CACH cooperates with four partners in Ethiopia. CACH has successfully been registered as an International Non-Government Organization in Ethiopia and has therefore become operational at project implementation level. CACH’s main working fields are: Climate, Income, Migration as well as Humanitarian Aid Responses. CACH current working areas are in Oromia, SNNPR, Amhara and Tigray. CACH supports and implements currently about ten projects in these regions.
Summary of Duties
Facilitate overall organizational activities at grass-root level such as facilitation of all emergency project activities, Natural Resource Management, Livestock feed management, Agronomic practices, community mobilization, beneficiary registration, reporting, facilitation of capacity building activities, Livestock development cooperatives, support income generation groups and small-scale irrigation practices, facilitate community sessions, Livelihood, Food security, Nutrition, market development interventions and follow up of activities at grass root levels and ensuring delivery of planned activities with beneficiary communities as per the project plan and time frame.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Objective 1: Prepare and keep the require up to date project data:
- Socialization, sensitization of the projectt and organizations.
- Facilitate establishment of beneficiary selection and compliant committees.
- Facilitate beneficiary’s registration process.
- Provide input and regular up-date beneficiary data.
- Prepare lists and distribution cards.
- Organize meeting minutes and documentation
- Plan and timely reporting the project progress.
Objective 2: Implement and follow up the emergency response activities, Agriculture and Livelihood Activities:
- Implement the planned project activities.
- Determine and update regularly the material needs for the activities.
- Mmonitor the day-to-day activities of emergency and FSL interventions at community level.
- Facilitate the training of the project beneficiaries.
- Facilitate and monitoring visits.
- Produce regular project activities on monthly, minute, and other necessary reports.
Objective 3: Develop the understanding of Emergency, Agriculture, and food security in the intervention area:
- Document any changes in the socioeconomic and livelihood conditions in the intervention area.
- Identify the actual needs of the most vulnerable populations.
- Share situational update on regular base
- Propose potential responses to these needs.
- Explain the project’s activities and objectives to partners and the community.
- Handle other responsibilities and tasks required by the line managers.
Duty Station: will be in Raitu, Dawe- Kechen, Dawe-Sarari Districts of East Bale Zone and Fedis, Kurfa-chale and Gursum Districts of East Hararghe zones Oromia Region. The candidate must be ready to be based in Districts/Kebeles and frequent field trips to project sites.
Required No: 5
The ideal candidate represents the majority of the below mentioned areas.
- Experience in the field with other organizations in, Emergency Agricultural practices (crop and livestock emergency responses), Health, COVID19, GBV, emergency distribution practices (Voucher based, direct and E voucher…etc) livestock, promotion of cooperatives livelihood and food security in central fifty valley areas and other rural areas of the country.
- Humanitarian repose experiences, CFW, CTP, voucher system, water management, CHS, Livestock, intervention (LEGS)...etc
- Trained on community facilitation/PRA approach.
- Knowledge of the intervention area and project implementation.
- Organizing communities, participatory approaching, problem resolving capacity and reporting skills
- Based at Kebele level and daily monitor the project intervention.
- University Degree or Diploma in Agricultural economics, social science, Animal science, Veterinary Science, Plant Science, General agriculture, Rural development, DRR-CCA, Environmental health, Development studies, or similar studies.
- Complementary training in community approaching and knowing local context is a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience in Agriculture, Animal science, Veterinary Science, Plant Science and Humanitarian repose, Food Security and Livelihood in an NGO field of experiences.
- Proven experience in field-based community facilitation skills, NRM, inputs distribution, agricultural practices, technology transfer interventions is a plus
- Able to ride Motor bike a driving license is mandatory or able to provide shortly.
- Able to use kobo tools and other software.
- Ability to ride motorcycle and license
- Full command of the Local working language (Afan Oromo) and English is Mandatory