|Location||Dessie, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2021|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CIFA is an international NGO with over 30 years of commitment in protecting the rights of the most vulnerable categories. Having operated in Ethiopia for over 15 years, CIFA currently works in the migration and environmental protection sectors, supporting the access to primary and secondary education, especially for girls, fighting against the worst forms of discrimination and supporting women’s economic empowerment.
About the project
The project “CHALLENGES: Support, Training and Entrepreneurship in Dessie, Ethiopia” (CUP: F16J20000120008) is an integrated intervention co-funded by the Italian Ministry of Interior, aimed at mitigating the main threats and consequences of irregular migration, and to improve the living conditions of the categories at greater risks exposure. The project aims at supporting the reintegration of returnees and preventing the irregular depart of unskilled young migrants, while strengthening the capacities of local services targeting unemployed and vulnerable people in Dessie City Administration and Dessie Zuria Wereda, South Wollo Zone, Amhara Region.
The community mobilizer will be in charge of supporting the beneficiaries of the project (especially potential migrants, teachers, youth and children) with the main focus on awareness creation and sensitization activities related to the illegal migration risks and the social impacts. The intervention will apply Social and Community Theatre methodologies. The community mobilizer will collaborate closely with 2 Italian experts of Social and Community Theatre (SCT) and he/she will be trained on the activities implementation. He/she will be supported and supervised by the SCT operators, the Project Manager and the Local Coordinator.
- supporting the SCT experts and the Coordinator planning the implementation of the interventions and executing the project action plan according to the timeframe;
- supporting the SCT experts approaching to teachers, youth, children and communities for an active participations of the beneficiaries;
- implementing research and investigation made by interviews and questionnaires;
- supporting the organization of sensitization events and activities (social and community theatre, workshop, radio programs, etc.);
- translating activities material and tools from Amharic to English and vice versa
- timely reporting and data collection on activities.
Duty station: Coordination office in Dessie, field work in Dessie City and Dessie Zuria Woreda
Position code: CM_CHALLENGES
Number of Positions: 2 (two)
Job contract duration: 17 months.
Salary: The salary will be commensurate with the experience of the selected candidate and according to the organization's salary scale.
- Social Sciences Degree;
- at least 3 years experience in relevant field, preferably previous experience in Social and Community Theatre methodologies;
- willing to work in a international team;
- previous experience in development projects with vulnerable people (especially youth and children);
- skills on events organization and sensitization campaigns;
- abilities in public speeches and interaction with the audience;
- abilities in relationships with beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
- knowledge on gender and illegal migration themes;
- artistic/drama competencies and abilities;
- excellent knowledge of written and oral English is mandatory (knowledge of the language will be subject to a verification test).
Interested applicants who fulfil the above requirements for the indicated vacancies are invited to submit their applications sending motivation letter (maximum 1 page) and your CV (maximum 3 pages) by e-mail to: email@example.com with object: CM_CHALLENGES
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.