|Location||Assosa, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 8, 2020|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. IRC has worked for over seven decades in the world addressing both the immediate, life saving needs of conflict affected people in an emergency and the reconstruction needs in post conflict societies. IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and thorough accountability to those we serve.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Community Wellbeing Initiative (CWI) Assistant reports to the CWI Manager, and is responsible to support all aspects of CWI unit in Assosa.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct training on GBV response and prevention to government and non-government service providers based on field sites needs, requests and scheduling.
- Be seconded at government institution and provide technical support on GBV case management and counseling support.
- Support the implementation and monitoring and evaluation of EU Trust Fund planned activities.
- Work on monthly reports and work on quarterly and annual donor reports.
- Develop CWI communication materials (brochures, leaflets) as needed.
- Establish community groups and build their capacity on GBV response and prevention.
- Establish good partnership with different actors including schools and provide technical support.
- Conduct monthly BVA reviews and make appropriate recommendations to CWI Addis team as needed.
- Support in the update/establish of a functional GBV referral system, Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs), maintain good GBV coordination mechanism with other actors to ensure comprehensive response intervention, risk mitigation and GBV services provision at Assosa town.
- Support in prevention program activity design of effective community outreach and engagement strategies to strengthen the protective environment for women and girls and maximize the community impact including engaging men and boys.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation activities including in assessments and surveys.
- Assist with all aspects of EU Trust Fund program implementation in Assosa and provide operational support (i.e., HR & Admin., Finance, Logistics) including facilitating procurement requests, following up on PR tracking, etc.
- Coordinate and organize CWI workshops and training including prepare TOR, facilitate procurement requests, and follow up on the timely implementation.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that can be given by immediate and technical supervisors
- Bachelor degree in Social science related fields preferably in Psychology or Social Work plus 1 year of relevant work experience
- Diploma in Social science related fields preferably in Psychology or Social Work plus 3 years of relevant work experience
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Proven experience on GBV response and prevention, counseling, gender mainstreaming, social work or migration;
- Good knowledge and skill on Microsoft office particularly word, excel and publisher;
- Proven experience supporting staff capacity development;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and also work as part of a
- Candidates who meet the above qualifications can their CV, application letter and copies of credentials through:
P.O.BOX: 249, Assosa
- Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information:|| YES NO|
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.