|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 30, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
HUNDEE - Oromo Grassroots Development Initiative is an indigenous, community based, non-political, not-for profit and secular charity organization. It was established in 1995 as a membership organization by a group of interested and dedicated intellectuals, professionals, prominent public and businesspersons with the mandate to promote integrated development among marginalized and resource poor communities in Oromia National Regional State. HUNDEE broadly envisions seeing a just world where women, men, boys and girls live in dignity and prosperity. To this end, our organization invites competent candidates who fulfill the following criteria of the position.
The post is a professional job that requires the ability to ensure effective and efficient implementation of legal compliance program in the organization.
Major duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and direction of the Executive Director/Finance and Administration Manager, the Compliance Officer is responsible to:
- Regularly review company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk and assess company operations to determine compliance risk;
- Develop compliance metrics and establish a system for tracking them,
- Advise the management on company's compliance with laws and regulations and prepare periodic reports,
- Prepare and manage action plans in response to compliance violation,
- Ensure all employees are aware on the appropriate regulations and processes, resolve employee concerns about legal compliance
- Remain up-to-date on federal and regional laws related to the organization and propose policy updates accordingly,
- Conduct compliance audits to determine whether the established procedure/practices are being followed and where they can be improved
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of compliance information to all staff members and avail for reference,
- Perform other related duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Both male and female are invited, and women are highly encouraged to apply
Terms of employment
- One year contract, with possibility of renewal depending on merit and job continuity
Required education and qualification
MA/BA degree in Law, Finance, Business Management/Administration or other relevant academic background from recognized universities or colleges.
Minimum of 6/8 years proven work experience, of which 4/6 years in risk management/compliance officer role with good knowledge of Federal/ Regional legal requirements and different donors compliances.
Skill and Personal Qualities Required
- Good communication, interpersonal and report writing skills, technical competence and ability to work in harmony with co-worker
- Proven knowledge of working with Microsoft packages, particularly the ability to conduct detailed analysis in excel, prepare reports in Power Point and etc
- Proficiency in English language is mandatory
Interested applicants can send their motivation letter and CV through e-mail: email@example.com
HUNDEE Head Office, Addis Ababa/Finfinnee, Around Meskel Flower Roundabout, Near Villa Verde Hotel, Tel. 011-558-3053
NB. Only those applicants who fulfill the minimum requirement of the position are short listed and contacted for further evaluation.