|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
|Reference No:||HO/ 068 /21|
|Job title:||Compliance Officer|
|Location:||Based in Head Office with travel to field sites|
|Reports to:||Donor Compliance Manager|
|Number of Posts||1(One)|
|Closing date:||August 12, 2021|
GOAL is a non-for-profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
About the Position:
·The Compliance Officer will work under the supervision of the Donor Compliance Manger and will be response for receiving programme item distribution documents from all GOAL Ethiopia field sites. In addition, she/he will be responsible to assist in the facilitation of grant management meetings and donor and Government audits related to distribution documents.
· She/he will also be responsible to liaise with the Grants file clerk to ensure that ECHO grant financial, programme and grant related documents are scanned with appropriate quality.
· Familiarize oneself with and ensure adherence to Donor, GOAL and Government rules and regulations in relation to Logistics, Finance, HR, procurement, and Programmes.
· Receive programme item distribution documents from all GOAL Ethiopia field offices on monthly basis. These includes:
· prepare/update the field team distribution document submission schedule and communicate the schedule to the responsible staff.
· Review monthly BDSS received from various sites.
· Receive reconciled programme item distribution documents from field sites (submitted by Field Logistics Supervisors (L/A/F officers etc.). Work with them if they need a support during reconciliation.
· Review stock cards, delivery dockets, IRF supported by beneficiary distribution sheet or donation certificates for adherence to donor rule and regulations.
· Prepare a tracking sheet to record issues/queries on the programme item distribution documents received from GOAL field sites. Communicate the issues to the relevant staff and follow up the implementation accordingly.
· Prepare and share the monthly update on the status of the programme item distribution documents and flag to her/his immediate supervisor if there are any delays on submission of the distribution document from field sites.
· Once the documents are received and reviewed for its accuracy and completeness work with the Grants/Compliance file clerk for central filling.
· In liaison with the Grants file clerk ensure ECHO grant financial and programme related documents are scanned with appropriate quality.
· Provide response for HO and FO staffs compliance queries especially on the distribution documentations during programme implementation.
· Assist the facilitation of donor and government audits by providing the reconciled distribution documents and by supporting the scanning activities.
· In liaison with Donor Compliance manager design a tracking sheet to follow up ECHO scanned documents to ensure the completeness of the documentations.
· Assist the Donor Compliance Manager in the facilitation of grant management meetings (Review of sample documents from Finance, HR, Logistics, procurement, and Programme and communicate the relevant staff for the identified gaps).
· Perform periodic inspections of distribution documents or files to ensure correct placement/storage facilities.
· Undertake any other tasks as requested by Donor Compliance Manager or Deputy Head of Compliance and Internal Audit.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
- BA in accounting or related field with a minimum of two years of related work experience.
· Desirable qualities, skills, and competences:
- Working experience on projects funded by USAID/OFDA, ECHO, EHAF, Irish Aid etc. is advantageous.
- Excellent writing and spoken communication skill in English
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and giving attention to details a must; Ability to manage/work along with professional people from operation and finance backgrounds.
- High – level skills in MS office application soft ware
- Ability to analyses and synthesize a Varity of material in a fast – paced environment.
- Ability to work on their own, a self-starter with high energy levels and the capability to work with in a multi-cultural team.
- Willingness to travel to the field sites
- Gender sensitive.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty, and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign, and implement different polices including safeguarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules, and regulation of the organization.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non - returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.