|Location|| Addis Ababa and Bahir Dar, Amhara, Ethiopia |
|Date Posted|| January 31, 2020 |
|Category|| Construction |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Base Salary|| 11264|
Number of required staff : Two
Terms of Employment : 1 month with possibility of extension based on the duration of construction work, availability of funding and competency
The Construction Foreman (CF) will oversee work of the cooperatives and offer technical advice. He/she will be the point of reference of both contractors and supervisor and will be responsible for the completion and Renovation of learning safe spaces and other accessibility features to be constructed by HI in Addis Ababa and Bahir Dar by GEC project. The post holder is expected make quick decisions related to construction activities in liaison with the line manager. He/She must be well organized and value safety above everything else. The incumbent will be based in based in the HI Addis Ababa/Bahir Dar office and in the field in most of the assignments.
Main Duties & Responsibility:
1. Coordinate construction tasks according to priorities, the Bill of Quantity and plans for the renovation of classrooms and accessibility features under the responsibility of HI.
2. Assists the Accessibility Officer in ensuring that all assigned in HI Addis Ababa/Bahir Dar construction projects are implemented, scheduled, and completed utilizing safe, structurally sound means and methods while meeting HI standards and Appropriate Quality.
3. Inspect and ensure the required quantity and quality of construction materials are delivered to construction sites;
4. Mobilize, organize and manage labour, material and equipment at site level for the renovation of the Safe spaces
5. Produce schedules and monitor work of all the construction Activities.
6. Ensure manpower and resources are adequate in all HI safe spaces.
7. In consultation with Accessibility Officer, liaise with the City Administration Education Bureau and partners regarding construction permissions and hand-over certificates
8. Secure visibility on all constructions following HI and donor requirements
9. Perform other tasks as assigned by his supervisor/s
Education and Qualifications
• Degree/Diploma in Construction, Engineering or related field from universities or Technical and Vocational Training Centers and/or above;
• At least 1-year relevant experience for first Degree holder/3 years of related work experience for Diploma Holders/ 4 years work experience for technical school graduates respectively. This requirement will be waived for candidate with more than 5 years’ experience as Construction Foreman.
• Work Experience with NGO is Advantageous
• Demonstrated experience in managing labor and material at construction site;
• Demonstrated experience in mobilizing community to contribute labor and locally available construction material during construction
• Ability to work in a team with minimal supervision
• Good English communication skill, ability to speak local language is an advantage
• Good report writing skills
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should fill in the attached application form Job application form.docx and submit it with a 1 page motivation letter by email at email@example.com on or before the above mentioned deadline.
Please clearly state the position you apply and the duty station in the subject of your email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position involves working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers. Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes women and persons with disabilities to apply.
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org