|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 25, 2022|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
At Kerchanshe Group, we’re looking for an experienced construction manager to lead our team of construction professionals. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in construction project management, as well as a strong understanding of the construction process from start to finish. He or she will be responsible for overseeing the construction of our project building, ensuring that the project stays on schedule and within budget. Aside from the primary duty of overseeing a construction project, a Construction Manager will have other duties and responsibilities as well. Some of these duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
· Meeting with engineers, architects, and contractors on an ongoing basis regarding project objectives and progress.
· Managing and motivating site foremen and teams.
· Ensuring all equipment needed is available on site.
· Ensuring budget costs relating to wages, contractors, materials, and equipment aren’t exceeded.
· Approving purchase requests.
· Ensuring the construction process starts and ends on time, and ensuring daily and weekly deadlines are met.
· Ensuring compliance with health, safety, and all other regulations.
· Conducting ongoing quality inspections.
· Choose the types of tools to use in the construction and track the inventory of those tools.
· Keep daily employee logs and monitor the conduct of each one of them.
· Ensure that the construction project complies with all safety and building regulations.
· Conduct an in-depth analysis of the project to come up with the budget and deliverables.
· Establish risk factors, then manage and mitigate them to ensure the construction goes on smoothly.
· Work closely with Architects and Engineers to establish the requirements for the construction.
· Prepare reports on the project.
- MSC/BSC in construction management, engineering, or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in the construction industry, with at least 4 years in a management role
- Proven track record of successful project delivery
- Strong understanding of construction contracts and negotiation
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other technical drawings
- Working knowledge of construction software programs
- Knowledge of building and construction
- Leadership qualities
- Time management skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve and use your initiative.