|Location||Dire Dawa, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Visit and assess proposed construction sites in project areas and identify feasibility (Senior Infrastructure Specialist and concerned project stakeholders at the field and CO
· Supervision of construction projects to ensure compliance with specifications, agreed quality standards and planned work schedules.
· Ensure attendance on site for identified milestone (foundations, superstructure, concreting, formwork etc.) activities on the planned work schedule.
· Ensure that work orders (site book) instructed by the program manager from the FO are clearly communicated to the contractor.
· Timely communication of any claims by the contractor; ensuring records have been kept of potential causes for claims such as site activities (or non-activity), weather conditions, access problems etc.
· Timely communication of any engineering related issues on site; requiring Construction Coordinator presence/attendance.
· Prepare weekly site progress reports (with photographs of both good and bad quality issues) that accurately depict completed elements to accepted standards and estimate % completion of elements still in progress. These reports should be communicable to the SCI Construction Manager, Coordinators.
· Timely notification for upcoming payment milestones; relative to on-site progress/contract conditions to technical line managers at the field and CO (Program coordinator, Infrastructure Specialists or Head of ISS).
- Prepare draft technical design documents for newly proposed infrastructure facilities and make recommend to existing ones for relevant modifications, if required. And also ensure that the project plans, drawings or sketches are well understood by the implementation contractors/teams, provide implementation guidelines and give feedback as appropriate.
- Prepare revised design and Bill of Quantities (BOQ) for the newly proposed Constructions
· Assist the procurement team in outsourcing and contract administration for all the programme’s construction activities implemented by the programme under the field office threshold.
- Verify and process payment requests for construction works undertaken in the programme area by the FO.
· Establish a contract management database and keep updated record of progresses for individual project sites.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that executed works are within agreed contract value, and also keep record of payables (interim payments, retentions and advances)
- Identify and organize procurement of locally available construction materials in close collaboration with the FO procurement team.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of all SC’s financial and material resources in order to keep costs to the lowest possible
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
· Skill requirement for construction supervisor
· Advanced Diploma or B.Sc. with 4 years for diploma holder and 2 years for B.Sc. in construction engineering or related technical field
· Should have experience on design and/or construction supervision of projects,
· Be able to communicate orally and using written reports,
· Be able to prepare good reports in English and Knowledge of Somali language is PLUS
· Be able to work outside working hours on site if the contractor is on duty, and
· Professional license is an added advantage.
· Excellent understanding and prior work experience with the pastoralist communities is advantageous
· Proficient in the use of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other relevant software;
Must have excellent strong writing with excellent spoken and written English; Knowledge of Somali language is PLUS.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en