|Location||Sheder, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 31, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Construction supervisor is responsible to oversee the implementation of BSRP project construction activates like construction of primary school, latrines construction and water works undertakings in the field office in close cooperation with Education Program Manager. He/she is expected to have sound experience and knowledge on design, supervision and contract administration of schools, & latrine construction, sand water supply and sanitation facilities. The position involves regular trips to and supervision of all construction works at targeted sites. As part of the assignment, he/she is expected to design appropriate technologies (economical, durable and manageable scheme), adhere to agreed construction methodologies and standards and mobilize community and local authorities to participate in the construction from the planning through the construction phases. S/he is expected to liaise with communities, local authorities and other agencies regularly to ensure coordination and effective quality construction implementation of activities.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- In close collaboration with Education Program Manager the post holder will ensure effective implementation of project construction works (construction of primary schools, latrines and school WASH facility).
- Take the lead in monitoring the construction work and give regular updates.
- Give technical support to contractors during the construction process.
- Ensure that the construction work is implemented in line with the construction design and drawing.
- Ensure that the project construction work is done in line with SCI construction standards and quality
- Give regular update to the education program manager on the status of the construction work and alert it if there is any delay from the contractor side.
- Check whether the contractor has done the work as per the agreed plan and closely work with education program manager in releasing the construction payment as per the entitled payment.
- Fulfill other task assigned to your line manager.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Degree in civil engineering, Construction Engineering/mgmt or related fields.
- 3 years of relevant experience in Construction work.
- Minimum 1 year experience in an international NGO or similar organization.
- Good technical knowledge of policy and practice in the field of construction and contract management as well as other cross cutting issues
- Experience in working the construction of schools, latrines and school wash facility.
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages.
- Understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context
- Experience of working with an international NGO especially in refugee context.
- Experience of effectively communicating findings to internal/external stakeholders.
- Experience in child friendly accountability systems.
Qualified candidates, please submit your CVs and Applications to the below link