|Date Posted||August 31, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ZOA works with committed and motivated staff in serving millions of people affected by poverty, disaster, injustice and conflicts. Through the efforts of our dedicated staff, we are able to bring Signs of Hope and to support people who suffer due to armed conflict or natural disasters by helping them to rebuild their livelihoods.
We value our employees and offer a wide range of benefits to meet the specific needs of our staff and their families.
The main purpose of the role is to provide technical input and construction supervision over the quality of the construction projects, particularly in light of the remedial action and poor construction quality of phase.
Typical Responsibilities - Key end Results of the Position: *
- Document government standard designs, specification and bill of quantities of health post, health centre, schools, latrines, etc. for planning, budgeting, immediate implementation, etc. as deemed necessary.
- Review and recommend the completion of infrastructure projects to effect payment.
- Execute and facilitate processes that lead to the commencement of infrastructure projects.
- Modify standard designs for according to the site setting as and when necessary for the proper execution of the project.
- Prepare bill of quantities, specification and bid document for infrastructure development projects.
- Examines project designs and specifications and estimates quantities of material, manpower and commodities, etc... Necessary to start-up planned construction activities.
- Monitor and supervise infrastructure undertaking of programme office and ensure that the works are executed to the standard and as per the contract agreement through frequent visits.
- Participate in evaluation of infrastructure development projects jointly with stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure the use of take-of-sheets and verify take-off sheets and payment certificates.
- Submit periodic reports for status of construction projects.
- Perform any other duties assigned in him as deemed necessary by his immediate supervisor.
- ZOA colleagues;
- Partner Organisations;
- Project participants;
- Regional office mining bureau;
- Other government stakeholders;
- UN Agencies:
- Ensure that the established activities on infrastructure are implemented as planned.
Qualification and Experience;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture or Advanced Diploma in construction, Civil engineering or any equivalent accrued working experience in a related position;
- At least three years of relevant experience implementing, supervising, monitoring and evaluating construction projects with an NGO, preferably in an emergency setting;
Skills Specific to the Post
- Commitment to the vision and mission of ZOA Relief \Hope\ Recovery;
- Excellent understanding of local context preferred
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross-cultural environment
- Computer literacy skills with standard business software (including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Good writing and speaking English communications skill
If you are interested in this position, please apply via ethiojobs.net by sending your CV and a motivation letter indicating your suitability for this position to before the due date
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in your CV or motivation letter.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.