|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Purpose of this ToR: facilitating and organizing for timely conducting a filed-based assessment on urban agriculture (focused on practices, constraints and opportunities/potentials) for the project namely Integrated Multi-Sectoral Solutions to Urban Refugees and Host Communities in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The consultant will apply multiple research methodologies to gather qualitative and quantitative information from host community and Urban refugees who reside in Addis Ababa, UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees), FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization, other NGOs who are providing assistance to Urban Refugees, public (including gov’t) and private service providers.
· Demonstrated senior level (over 10 years) experience in the design, implementation and management of large scale multi-sectoral urban agriculture surveys, and evaluations in an international humanitarian/development context;
· Proven experience in designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative data collection methods
· Expertise in relevant thematic areas of livelihood and urban agriculture.
· Ability to form and guide a team with required experience for all sectors.
· Demonstrated experience of assessing national and/or regional level government capacity to deliver access urban agriculture.
· In-depth knowledge of the urban refugees and vulnerable host community’s context in Addis Ababa;
· Strong written, communication, and interpersonal skills in English, with substantial experience in training and managing multicultural teams; experience working in the humanitarian context is desirable;
For more details please refer the this link: Link
This is a national bid open for qualified applicants. Requirements for application are outlined as follows:
· Technical Proposal:
o A cover letter with a brief presentation of your consultancy experience and explaining your suitability for the work;
o Complete attached expression of interest form.
· A brief methodology on how you will undertake work and achieve outputs set out in terms of reference, a draft framework and sample size (can be submitted as annex), proposed timeline and team composition and quality assurance approach.
· Financial Proposal
o Detailed cost proposal to be included in financial submission
o A description of previous work experience on similar projects and context (Migration and/or Urban Refugee Programs/Projects), with three contactable referees (email & phone).
· Previous work examples
o Applicant should share three previous examples of final work products from recent completed consultancies.
o The resume of key staffs must be annexed to the application documents.
· Submission of BID documents and Deadline for submission
o Documents must be submitted based on the deadline set on the bid advert
All applications should be sent in hard-copy in a sealed envelope to: NRC Ethiopia Country Office, Addis Ababa, Bole Sub City, near to Saro Maria Hotel, in Adika Building (2nd Floor) from 27th July(Monday) 9:00 AM to 11th August(Tuesday) 2020, 4:30 PM and a subject line as “Technical and Financial Proposal for Consultancy on Urban Agriculture.” Note that technical and financial proposal must be submitted in a different envelope.