|Location||The position holders will be based in Assosa, Gambella and Semara with frequent travel to field., Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
DUTY STATION: Assosa, Gambella and Semara
PROGRAM: TRANSFORM Health in Developing Regions
MINIMUM HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
EMPLOYEMENT PERIOD: 3 month with possible extension based on availability of fund.
DUTIES AND RESPONSILBILITIES
The EPI Officer/COVID Vaccine Technical Assistant will be responsible for coordinating the Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) and COVID Vaccine roll out in in Transform Health in Developing Regions implementation woredas in three Region. S/he will work with the regional team and relevant stakeholders to improve smoothly introduce COVID19 Vaccine, support Regional Health Bureaus, woredas and HFs, EPI coverage in all implementation woredas through improvement of routine immunization. S/he will provide support to the planning and programing of EPI activities at regional level and below and will work closely with partners and stakeholders to strengthen facility and community level AFP/VPD surveillance, timely reporting (including zero reporting). S/he will be responsible for organizing; coordinating and conducting quality EPI related trainings, COVID 19 vaccine trainings, as per national implementation guidelines based on identified training needs. S/he is responsible to ensure the standard follow up and supervision after training and closely work with the regional team and Woreda Health Offices. S/he will support SIA activities including COVID 19 vaccine, Measles Polio Campaigns, facilities integrated outreach activities, in the project woredas. S/he will also conduct regular EPI and Surveillance integrated joint supportive supervision and maybe assigned to participate in regional EPI TWG, COVID19 vaccine working groups, SIAs and participate any relevant meeting and working groups in the region to improve immunization.
1. Facilitate the service delivery, target group microplanning and Provide training, JSS, Review meeting and support Technical COVID19 vaccine introduction.
2. Participate the MOH bi weekly COVID19 vaccine taskforce meeting and update the regional status with RHBs.
3. Provide comprehensive EPI technical assistance to the regional team and support the implementation of EPI strategies in Somali region.
4. Assess EPI related training needs for health-providers as well as community volunteers and organizes trainings with regional managers. S/he will work with the RHB, Woreda Health Offices and Transform HDR regional team to ensure that EPI trainings areconducted on time and within acceptable standards (trainers, venue, materials, schedule, etc.)
5. Conduct and coordinate regular field visits to provide post training follow up and integrated/joint supportive supervision to HC and HP. S/he will document findings and recommendations of field visits for follow-up action
6. Supports the link of HEWs with community volunteers as well as community mobilization and sensitization through community volunteers for EPI activities to ensure that key messages reach the community. S/he will support approaches to reach all the target population for immunization, including newborn tracking systems in place and mobilization by community health workers and health development army
7. Ensure awareness creation on immunization is integrated with all relevant programs such as JEES, pregnant mothers conference, religious and influential leaders related meetings to reduce missed opportunities
8. Works closely with organizations implementing EPI projects to collaborate in ensuring timely and appropriate vaccine supply and storage at local level.
9. Work closely with the SRHB and other implementing partners for Project activity alignment on EPI and follow up the progress collectively with them
10. Provide technical support for EPI Quarter and Bi-annual review meetings at woreda, zone and Regional level
11. S/he will support implementation areas to implement Reaching Every Community (REC) approach with quality improvement for better and sustainable immunization services and specifically.
12. Assist in AFP &VPD surveillance efforts, contributing to early detection and reporting, life-saving response to vaccine preventable disease outbreaks in collaboration with the field team. Will focus especially on Polio related activities to ensure Polio free woredas will continue to be free.
13. Support high quality supplementary immunization and outbreak response activities in collaboration with the field team
14. Assist in strengthening documentation of EPI activities in project areas and use of data for decision making
15. Support/assist establishment/strengthening of EPI taskforces at regional/zonal/woreda levels to regularly review EPI performance
16. Provide Technical Support the Regional health bureau and woreda on polio, Measles and other outbreak response mop up campaigns.
17. Support woredas bottom up micro plan development, support integrated outreach EPI service and cross-border polio eradication activities.
18. Work closely with Regional team to ensure Community based surveillance activities monthly reporting.
19. Produces reports of training, supervision and best practices and follow up the action points
20. Represents regional team in selected regional and district EPI taskforces and other relevant meetings as per the assignment of the supervisor
21. Update for Regional manager and Senior EPI officer Weekly the status of COVID19 vaccine rollout activities status, challenges and way forwards.
22. Performs other functions assigned by the project within the areas of expertise.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing, Health officer or related. Master’s degree in Public health is an advantage.
· At least 5 years working experience in immunization and public health, preferably routine immunization. Additional training on COVID-19 vaccine and Experience on New COVID-19 vaccine rollout is an advantage.
· Good knowledge of MNCH programs with up to date knowledge of EPI
· Experience with community based EPI interventions.
· Previous experience in organizing standard EPI trainings
· TOT in IIP, Cold chain users and MLM etc. required Experience in working in the developing regional states desired
· Knowledge of Regional/local language is an advantage.
Special Skills Required
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Strong negotiation and analytical skills;
· Ability to work in English, oral and written
· Ability to work in multi-cultural team
· Ability to meet deadline without compromising quality
· Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, accept challenges, take initiative and solve problems.
· Ability to work in harsh circumstances and travel to field frequently
· Identify with the values and mission of Project HOPE.
Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter through Ethiojobs on or before July 04, 2021 by 5:00 PM.