|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 23, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ICOS Consulting PLC, sister company of MassDel, is one of the fast-growing consulting firms in Ethiopia, combining deep industry/sector knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy development and execution, monitoring and evaluation, project feasibility studies, organizational restructuring, leadership development, and research. ICOS envisions becoming a trusted and reputed regional development and management consulting firm. ICOS Consulting, established in 2009 G.C., is headquartered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and has branch office in Rwanda. Due to our planned strategic growth, we are interested in strengthening our consulting and research team with outstanding graduates on a full-time basis.
If you have a strong academic record, can demonstrate outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills and are keen to put your intellect, curiosity and enthusiasm to the test in a high-pressure, client-driven environment, we would like to hear from you. In return, we can offer you a challenging career to develop the skills and competencies you require to become an outstanding consultant.
ICOS is currently looking to hire researchers/consultants to work on various company projects. The researcher/consultants’ duties include aligning methodologies with research goals, conducting fieldwork and tests when required, using a range of tools to acquire information and interpret data, writing up reports and presenting findings to management and other stakeholders, and others. ICOS invites motivated and qualified candidates to apply for the researcher/consultant vacant positions.
- Design and write research proposals by applying valid scientific techniques.
- Consult on proposal and study design, guiding project teams on the best approach and techniques to address clients’ research objectives and add-value
- Develop experimental and other study designs, and analytical methods.
- Design sampling technique and sample size appropriate for each research type or objective.
- Develop research methodology, data collection tools, and data collection plan,
- Contribute to and participate in field material preparation and training of field teams.
- Collaborate with other researchers and consultants in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of surveys.
- Determine and specify details of research projects, including sources of information, procedures to be used, and the design of instruments and materials.
- Produce documentation of the study instrument development process, data collection methods, sampling designs, and decisions related to sample statistical weighting.
- Monitor and evaluate field research progress and performance.
- Review, classify, and clean data in preparation for computer analysis.
- Train field researchers on research protocols and tools.
- Write training manuals and protocols for field researchers.
- Prepare data analysis plan.
- Process large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, using computers.
- Report results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
- Interpret and analyze data using appropriate statistical and qualitative data analysis software or support interpretation and presentation of research results in a visual and impactful client-friendly fashion
- Write research reports and present findings to clients and other stakeholders
- Follow a strict code of ethics and protecting any confidential information at all times.
- Respond to research questions, troubleshooting problems, develop and write advanced research protocols, and monitor ongoing projects and propose and implement changes.
- Propose techniques to improve research quality and team productivity.
- Prepare data for processing by organizing information, checking for any inaccuracies, and adjusting and weighting the raw data.
- Adapt statistical methods in order to solve specific research problems in many fields.
- Evaluate sources of information, statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to determine any limitations in terms of reliability or usability; and ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Provide strategic consulting on complex quantitative projects
- Guide study design, including sample plan, questionnaire, etc.
- Support design and execution of advanced analysis plan, including performing different statistical analysis required
- Stay up-to-date on the latest analytical techniques and their relevant applications; and share them with internal teams, as well as clients
- At least master’s degree preferably in research, economics, leadership, management, development studies, monitoring and evaluation, statistics, quantitative and/or qualitative research, data science, business analytics, marketing research, operations research, and public health and other research related fields.
- CGPA of 3.5 or above (of a possible 4.0) at both at graduate and undergraduate levels from a reputable and an accredited university.
- Outstanding and broad quantitative and qualitative research expertise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English language is a must
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Strong statistical and mathematical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability with statistical modeling, experimental design, research design, sampling, clustering, data reduction, confidence intervals, testing modeling or predictive modeling
- Proficiency in one or more statistical programs, as well as advanced-level MS Office skills
- Ability to communicate the most complex analytics and results in a clear, understandable approach, written and verbal, to both internal and external clients
- Detail-oriented and highly-organized, able to consult on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and have an analytical mindset
- Excellent time management and prioritization, able to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys problem-solving, group brainstorming, and other innovative thinking
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum requirements can send their applications, resume, and electronic copies of their credentials, including diploma and student copy (if available), and others to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. All applications should be received until July 5, 2021). Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.