|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2021|
|Category|| Economics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Contract and Event Officer
GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #103/2021
GIZ Country Office
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organisation which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
The GIZ Office in Addis Ababa oversees projects in Ethiopia and Djibouti where GIZ works on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the German Federal Ministry of Nutrition and Agriculture (BMEL) and other commissioning parties.
The German-Ethiopian development cooperation concentrates on three priority areas: Vocational education, agriculture and food security as well as conservation and sustainable use of natural resources (biodiversity), and cross-cutting issue. Furthermore, GIZ implements projects in the area of migration, climate change and governance.
Based on GIZ corporate policy guidelines, the GIZ Office supports the preparation and implementation of international cooperation projects, as well as the administrative implementation on site. The GIZ Office represents the GIZ to government authorities and national partners in Ethiopia and Djibouti, and maintains close communication with the German Embassy and other German implementing organisations as well as with international donors.
GIZ seeks a qualified Ethiopian candidate for the position of Events and Contract Officer.
Contract duration: Unlimited contract
The Contract Specialist/Event Officer is based in the “Events, Travel & Services for International Staff” team at the GIZ Country Office Ethiopia & Djibouti and is responsible for support to organize events and concluding contracts with hotels and services related to events. The team is tasked with planning, organizing and managing trainings, events and conferences in Addis Ababa or at other locations in Ethiopia, as well as booking flight tickets and hotels and supporting visa procedures, as well as building up a regional Training Hub in Addis Ababa. The team works in close cooperation with the GIZ Academy for International Cooperation (AIZ) in Germany which is in charge of trainings
- Responsible to organize external and internal event
- Responsible to handle contract processes of hotel and event related services, including tenders
- Keeping tap of and following compliance regulations of GIZ
- Further development and quality control of contract processes
- Well established communication to all frequently approached team members at the GIZ Country Office, projects working in/with Ethiopia or the African Union
- University degree in economics, law or another related subject
- Minimum of 5 years experience in event management, contract and procurement or similar positions, preferably in an international context
- Fluency in writing, reading and speaking in English and Amharic, knowledge of German language is an advantage
- Study and/or work experience in an English or German speaking country
- Excellent working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail and internet)
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, SAP), and digital literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of service-orientation and advising competence
- Flexibility and ability to work in an international team and cooperate well with colleagues of diverse backgrounds in an intercultural work setting
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team
- Ability to prioritize, able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products
- Willingness to learn, improve and upgrade skills as required by the tasks to be performed
- Good management and administrative skills
- Social, intercultural understanding and interest
- Exhibits commitment, reliability, integrity, loyalty, and excellent sense of compliance.
- Highly solution-oriented mindset; has a constructive approach to challenges.
- Takes over responsibility for the tasks assigned to her/him and carries them out independently.
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Events and Contract Officer #103/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Please note that this position may be adapted to a Junior Portfolio Advisor position.
Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are very encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”