|Location||Limu Kosa woreda /Jimma/, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 30, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Contract |
I. TECHNOSERVE BACKGROUND
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives. For more information, visit www.technoserve.org
II. POSITION DESCRIPTION
A field-based position is responsible for the day-to-day support and training of private coffee processing enterprises to develop and implement sustainable coffee businesses. The training and support covers social responsibility, occupational health and safety, environmental responsibility (Dry mill and farm) and, economic transparency including First aid & Bookkeeping training,
III. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Identify coffee processing clients and provide them with technical support in the following areas:
· Strengthening the sustainable coffee business practices of at least 12-15 processing units by providing training and day to day support.
· Monitor clients’ compliance with TNS Sustainability Standards and jointly develop action plans to improve compliance.
· Maintain relationships with other TNS field level teams and local stakeholders and leads clients.
· Monitor Coffee processing operations including Volume/quality and traceability.
· Conduct audits to assess compliance and give feedback to clients, updating their action plan.
· Participate in regular team meetings.
· Submit weekly field reports to the project manager and support impact monitoring and evaluation activities.
· Work closely with woreda level government agencies and participate in industry initiatives and partnerships with key stakeholders on issues that promote the mission of TechnoServe’s coffee program.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
I. REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field – business, agriculture, the sciences, economics, etc.
· At least 3 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: coffee processing or agronomy, agri-business, business administration, cooperative management, SME development, agriculture, training or extension is preferred.
· Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
· Willingness to spend significant time in rural areas.
· Excellent English oral & written presentation skills.
· Computer literacy
· A motor bicycle riding license is a must. Ability and willingness to ride a motor bicycle is also mandatory.
· Knowledge of Oromiffaa language is a requirement
II. PREFERRED SKILLS:
· Knowledge of the different coffee certification standards is preferred,
VI. Application Instructions
Qualified and interested applicants should Click here to apply for this position and submit a cover letter resume and salary history as a single document (either Word or PDF) by February 3, 2020. Applications will be reviewed and considered as received/on a rolling basis. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be contacted. Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.