|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 12, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement ‘#119/2021’
Qualifications and Employment Perspectives for Refugees and Host Communities in Ethiopia (QEP)
The Qualifications and Employment Perspectives for Refugees and Host Communities in Ethiopia Programme (QEP) implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been initiated against the background of integrating refugees into vocational training. Ethiopia is currently hosting more than 800,000 refugees. Thus, QEP supports the Ethiopian government in four regions of the country to expand labour-market relevant training provisions for refugees and Ethiopians. The project establishes linkages between the TVET sector and the private sector to support the integration of TVET graduates, Ethiopians and refugees, into the labour market.
As a Contract Officer for GIZ in QEP-Programme, you will find yourself in a dynamic working-structure within a skilled team.
Duration of contract: 30.06.2023
- efficiently dealing with all queries in contracts and procurement of services
- performing tasks in compliance with GIZ’s Processes and Rules (P+R)
- correctly providing services within the Cluster in accordance with GIZ’s requirements
- establishing and maintaining the monitoring system of all contracts from development and implementation to final payment in cooperation with other staffs involved in the contract process
- facilitating the communication with GDCO and Head Quarters concerning contracting follow up the status of the contracting process of the program with country office and Head quarters
- informing Program staffs on time about the status of contracting, particularly in the event of delays (using “Microsoft Team” to report on the status of the contract process)
The contract professional performs the following tasks:
1. Contracting (individual, consulting firm contract including Financing and local subsidy agreements)
- supports in the preparation of contracts and to develop and implement contracts in the program office for amounts assigned to the program office as per GIZ rules and regulations.
- monitors and follow-up contract status with the Country office/Head quarters
- develops monitoring instruments in contracts, procurement of services
- coordinates all requests of projects and ensure that the requests include all necessary documents for contract process and to check the plausibility of contract service request
- assists contractors in filling proper receipt for contract invoice and to make sure and follow up on proper closing of contract
- processes and clarify bottlenecks in the process of contract management from project staffs
- contributes to the Team’s effectiveness by helping to develop and share good practice on the contract process Liaison with the GDCO/Head Quarters
- provides specialist advice and guidance on contracting and related issues to the program office staffs
- is responsible for filing, storage and security of contractual documents
- follows up in the processing of individual contractor’s contracts as well as processing their payments
- pro-actively updates line manager and projects on required action from project side on procurement and contractual processes
- networks with other units within the Cluster as well as with GIZ Country office and considers management goals and requirements in providing services
2. Other duties/additional tasks
The Contract Officer
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- BA in business administration, recognised commercial diploma in business administration
- At least 7 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- GIZ experience is advantageous
Other knowledge, additional competencies:
- Outstanding knowledge of Contracting
- Ability to work under pressure
- High IT affinity, extensive working knowledge of MS Office software, especially MS Excel and MS Teams. Work experience with SAP CoSoft and ProSoft would be a clear asset.
- Good communication and advisory skills.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of German language would be an asset.
- Trustworthy in handling sensitive and confidential data and information.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Contract Officer #119/2021’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”