|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Contracts Specialist drafts contracts and related documents (MOU’s, etc.) for every formal agreement into which the EMERTA project enters. He/she ensures that these contracts use the templates prepared by MEDA Headquarters and are reviewed by all appropriate levels of approval, including the project team member who initiated the contract request, the Project Implementation Manager, Finance Manager and Country Representative. He/she maintains records of all contracts and manages follow-up to ensure that each contract is completed as agreed and the process is followed in an efficient and timely manner to fully support project implementation. The position will be based in Addis Ababa, with travel to Bahir Dar as needed.
- Draft contracts and amendments & follow the approvals and execution of the contracts
- In collaboration with the Administration/Procurement/Logistics Officer, solicits bids to procure a variety of required goods and services. Negotiates and administers related contracts.
- Participates as a team member for acquisition review or equivalent assignments. Assists in negotiating agreements for key partnership development.
- Conducts basic procurement procedures and techniques.
- Reviews legal documentation to ensure that the project complies with government, MEDA and donor requirements.
- Identifies staffing requirements based on technical materials and documentation.
- Analyzes business practices and market conditions to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility and contractor performance.
- Solicits sources of supply and analyzes prices, discount rates, delivery dates, transportation charges, previous performance, commitments and indications of financial responsibility and recommends the most advantageous offer.
- Assesses work in terms of objectives, priorities and deadlines.
- Plans and carries out recurring work using established procedures, conferring with the supervisor or higher-level specialists as necessary on technical issues.
- Assists with contract termination procedures.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Degree in Law, Finance, Business Administration or related field with minimum of 5 years’ progressive working experience in a similar environment
- Proven experience in managing grant contracts, drafting and follow up of contracts implementation; preferably in NGO environment
- Experience in professional procurement and contracting, which includes the drafting of complex contracts including provisions, and solicitation documents.
- Excellent, demonstrable writing skills in English
- Working knowledge of applicable Ethiopian laws, donor rules and regulations, operations, and practices.
· Results/solution-oriented, thorough attention to detail and strict adherence to ethical and legal standards.
· Accountability, accuracy and commitment.
· Ability to communicate effectively and work as a member of a team.
· Ability to gather relevant information and understand legal frameworks for contracting in Ethiopia.
· Willingness to maintain a customer/client focus.
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to MEDA's mission and vision, please forward your: CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page) directly to ethiojobs.net or Send your application by e-mail to email@example.com;
Those candidates who wish to apply in person can do so to our MEDA-Addis Ababa office located on the new road from Bole to AU.
Note: On the subject Line, please clearly write the position you are applying " Contract Specialist”. Your application will be automatically disqualified, if you fail to do so. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.