|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 30, 2020|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Contract & Litigation Manager will support the Legal and Compliance Department in ensuring that the relevant and respective internal stakeholders are given proper legal guidance on all matters affecting the Company thereby avoiding/reducing the risk of potential liability and/or disruption to the Company’s operations.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Providing quality and timely services of Contract Review, Issuance & Management, Legal Support.
- Managing and overseeing litigation
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various contracts
- Developing policies on contracts and litigation management.
- Providing accurate, relevant and timely advice to the Company and other members of staff on a variety of legal topics that relate to the business sector and their products
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by designing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Communicating with and managing any third-party bodies such as external counsel or auditors.
- Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect the business and specific industry.
- Involve in preparing for the trials, hearings and participates in the legal proceedings.
- Representing the Company and its affiliates at Court of Law and other governmental agencies.
- Conducting a thorough research and assists in gathering all the data and information that is relevant to the case that will of great help while presenting the evidences during the court sessions.
- Overseeing the legal administration like maintaining, updating and keeping a track of the important legal documents.
- Assisting in any legal related matters of the Company
- B.A in Management, Marketing, Secretarial Science or related field
- LL. B Degree in Law
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of which at least 2 is in a law firm
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to share information and build consensus across stakeholders.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility with stakeholders and senior management.
Interested applicants who fulfill the above criteria can submit their CV and application letter through online at email@example.com within 5 working days effective from the announcement of this notice.