|Location||Head Office, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Contract |
Job Advertisement- Internal and External
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following positions.
Purpose of the Job:
To have both management and administrative responsibilities of the branch, point of contact for all HR-related matters of branch offices and ensuring employees receive adequate support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate, and represent HR, in strategic business plan development and on-going business meetings/decisions in the assigned function.
- Provide technical guidance and support to Head of Branch Offices on all HR related matters.
- Coordinate the preparation Human resource planning (HRP) of the BO and oversee its implementation.
- Collaborate with Branch Office Heads regarding all Human Resource needs, including recruitment, personnel management, performance management and talent development
- Coordinate the recruitment, selection, on boarding, promotion and employee transfer process of Branch Offices in collaboration with Talent Acquisition Coordinator.
- Directly involve in recruitment and selection process of positions assigned to him/her.
- Work with Branch offices to identify job advertisement options and candidate attrition strategy for Branch Level jobs to attract qualified candidates from the locality.
- Ensure all data regarding branch office employees is updated and properly maintained in way that facilitates decision making.
- Closely work with HR Officer Data Management to ensure required technical support and training is provided to BO staff to enable them use the HRIS system.
- Communicate with finance directorate regarding remunerations of Branch Office employees
- Oversee the recording of data for each employee in Branch Offices on supervisory issues, performance, trainings taken, identified performance gaps, post training evaluations and so on.
- Collaborate with Branch Office Heads and Finance & Admin Coordinators to follow developing HR Issues in Branch Offices and present urgent issues for the Director for decision
- Plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate talent development initiatives and recommend remedial actions in collaboration with Talent Development Coordinator. Closely work with HR Officer Employee relations on addressing employee disciplinary cases, employee wellbeing and processing of pension for staff based in BO.
- Ensure branch offices staff performance assessment reports are produced on time and recorded properly and performance assessment results are aligned with employee training and development programs.
- Arrange collaboration and experience sharing discussion forums among Branch Office employees
- Frequently visit Branch Offices to brief staff on HR policies and procedures, answer questions, identify HR issues and coordinate with relevant teams in HO to solve issues.
- Supports the development of subordinates through periodic performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring, and appropriate capacity development
- Perform additional tasks given by the Director
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Management, Business Administration or related field with Six (6) years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Management, Business Administration or related field with Eight (8) years of experience.
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
The selection process will be solely based on interview and written exam
Internal successful candidates will be required to resign from their current position to take up the new role.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday14th of July, 2021.
Note: Use "Coordinator, Branch Office Support " as the subject line of your email !