|Location||Bahirdar, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2021|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Purpose of the Job:
- Coordinate the monitoring and investigation work of the Commission at the head office/branch office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and conduct investigation of human rights complaints,
- Implement sudden and regular monitoring of places of detention
- Facilitate the work of draft reports and escalate as appropriate
- Coordinates human rights monitoring during emergencies
- Receives and organize proposals, concept notes; and approve checklists for monitoring and assign monitoring teams
- Follow up on implementation of recommendations at various institutions where monitoring work has been conducted;
- Coordinates and implement advocacy and follow up strategy
- Review and organize proposals for referrals of systemic investigation to thematic functions
- Contribute to the development of a strategic plan, including defining priorities, goals, objectives and targets of the Function/Department, its implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
- Contribute to design and development, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects.
- Provide the required administrative support to monitoring and investigation projects, activities, and initiatives.
- Manage partnerships and relationships with stakeholders
- Conducts research on human rights issues as appropriate
- Input to revisions of guidelines, manuals, and tools
- Represent EHRC at meetings of human rights organs and at other human rights events as approved by immediate supervisor
- Participate in relevant working groups/committees, staff meetings.
- Ensure roles, responsibilities and reporting lines are clear to each staff member.
REPORTS TO: Regional Director
DURATION; Open Contract
SALARY RANGE; Gross monthly salary of ETB 25,756.00 - ETB 30,676.00 plus ETB 8,000.00 Housing allowance and ETB 1,900.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA in Human Rights , LLM in International Law, LLM in law(Public Law relevant to human Rights)
- Candidates with bachelor of Law (LL.B) but with exceptional experience can be considered.
- 6 years of relevant experience with MA.
- Experience in management of resources
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Amharic and English is required.
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the name of the position on the subject of the email
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 6th of October, 2021.