|Location||Head Office, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Contract |
Job Advertisement- Internal and External
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following positions.
Purpose of the Job:
To coordinate EHRC’s Talent Acquisition and HR Services activities of the Commission, including recruitment and selection, on-boarding, employee compensation, HR administration, employee relations and management of the HRIS system.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategy to attract competent and qualified candidates to the Commission, including identifying appropriate channels to advertising job vacancies and using social media to attract candidates.
- Participate, and represent HR, in strategic business plan development and on-going business meetings/decisions in the assigned function.
- Lead the development of workforce planning tools and processes for managers to use to plan and project their unit’s staffing requirements.
- Lead the preparation human resource planning (HRP) of HO & BO and oversee its implementation.
- Contribute to designing a well-coordinated and proactive recruitment and selection system including development of candidate evaluation tools. Maintain updated recruitment tracking, monitor progress, identify issues and provide solutions, and produce bi-monthly reports.
- Directly participate in recruitment, selection and onboarding of senior positions.
- Develop a system to conduct reference and background checks of new employees and informing job applicants the status of their application.
- Coordinate the development of new staff induction tools and documents. Ensure all new hires receive induction as per the standards developed.
- Coordinate the processing, verification, and maintenance of personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, and employee leaves of absence.
- Develop a competitive and equitable compensation packages for the Commission. Conduct assessments and surveys periodically and provide recommendations to management on improvement areas.
- Develop policies and process to ensure employee health and safety including identifying service providers for insurance and employee counseling programs.
- Guide on management of disciplinary cases, employee counselling and employee relations issues
- Supports the development of subordinates through periodic performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring, and appropriate capacity development
- Perform additional tasks given by the supervisor.
- Director, Talent Management and HR Services
- Open contract
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Management, Business Administration or related field with Six (6) years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Management, Business Administration or related field with Eight (8) years of experience.
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
The selection process will be solely based on interview and written exam
Internal successful candidates will be required to resign from their current position to take up the new role.
Note: Use " Coordinator, Talent Acquisition and HR Services" as the subject line of your email !