|Location||Head Office, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Contract |
Job Advertisement- Internal and External
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following positions.
Purpose of the Job:
Coordinate the design and implementation of talent management and organizational development initiatives in line with the overall strategy of the Commission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the framework, strategy and plans to develop and acquire competent internal talent and align them with the Commission strategy.
- Coordinate the development of talent management and succession planning strategy, plans, tools and processes aligned with the human resource strategy and plan.
- Contribute to developing strategic human resource strategy and plan aligned with the Commission strategy.
- Participate, and represent HR, in strategic business plan development and on-going business meetings/decisions in the assigned function.
- Review the Commission staffing to ensure an optimal staff complement and advises Talent Management and HR Services Director on cases of over/under-utilization of staff.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to senior managers on organizational structure.
- Coordinates with Talent Development institutions, channels, systems, including professional associations and higher educations.
- Works with department heads/directors to identify and address their specific talent needs and challenges, and to identify general talent improvement needs.
- Define and implement talent pipeline strategy and processes, and career mobility programs including the definition of competencies and career paths.
- Develops and recommends succession management strategies, policies, and program design, setting scope and boundaries for the talent pool and using it to identify succession gaps/ assess bench strength and performance and potential of the talent pool.
- Conducts leadership assessments and designs and implements appropriate executive/leadership development programmers.
- Conducts culture, employee engagement and retention assessments and provides insights based on rigorous analysis of assessment data.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition Coordinator in identifying the Talent gaps in new recruits and make long term and short term plans to flow talent internally.
- Facilitate in-house trainings on change management, performance management, leadership and other relevant topics.
- Coordinate the roll out of employee performance management system of the Commission.
- Develop policies, tools and guidelines for talent management and succession planning process. Train relevant mangers in use of tools and applying the necessary process.
- Guides managers and supervisors in appropriate and fair Talent Development practices; assists supervisors with using performance management results to initiate Talent Development.
- Supports the development of subordinates through periodic performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring, and appropriate capacity development
- Director, Talent Management and HR Services
- Open Contract
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Management, Business Administration or related field with six (6) years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Management, Business Administration or related field with Eight (8) years of experience.
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
The selection process will be solely based on interview and written exam
Note: Use "Coordinator, Talent Development" as the subject line of your email !