|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|December 25, 2022
Ovid is a private limited company which is in the process of upgrading itself to the level of OVID Corporate Group incorporating, OVID Construction, Ovid Real Estate, Ovid Manufacturing, Ovid Trading House and Ovid Venture Capital. Ovid is defined with an objective of promoting modern building systems that will decrease the dependence of the Ethiopian construction industry on conventional methods, which are inefficient in terms of project delivery, qualities and cost. Our company is the pioneer in introducing various modern building technologies and project management systems.
The Human Resources Development Directorate Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Capital of the Corporate, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organizations mission and talent strategy. It consists of planning, directing, and coordinating human resource management and development activities of OVID Group to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance. It is also responsible for attracting, motivating, and retaining the most qualified talent by directing the administrative functions of the different OVID sister companies. By maximizing the value of OVID Group’s employees, it ensures that all human resources are being utilized as efficiently as possible. Moreover, by developing and implementing appropriate Human Resources policies, procedures and systems, it enhances the contribution of individuals and teams in towards achievement of the Group’s plans and priorities.
- Play an active role in supporting the effective management of change across the group, advising on strategies to achieve high levels of commitment to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Develop of Human Resource systems and practices and the provision of a range of personnel services
- Develop and administer HR policies, plans and procedures that relate to OVID Group companies
- Develop strategies to bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, discipline, grievances and related issues
- Develop, monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans
- Disseminate organizational core values and corporate culture
- Develop, implement, and revise OVID Group’s employee compensation and rewarding plans
- Develop, analyses and update OVID Group’s employee performance appraisal programs
- Facilitate talent hunting, recruitment and selection process of OVID Group
- Contribute to the development of human capital
- Facilitate the development of resource database to track issues like training attendance for evaluation feedback
- Provide leadership and guidance on issues relating to the equality and diversity agenda and champion the Ovid Group’s commitment to equality and diversity
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned
- Auditing and assessing learning and development needs of the corporate
- Perform strategic talent sourcing and acquisition
- Conduct performance measurement and management
- Implement formal learning and development programs
- Perform internal mobility and succession planning tasks
- Development and managing the organization’s learning systems
- Monitoring organizational performance improvements
- HR need to ensure a smooth on boarding process and coordinate additional training with the employee’s supervisor and the training manager.
- HR need to be able to quickly recognize employees’ talent and potential so that they can provide adequate training to help workers develop their skills. This is beneficial for everyone: the company can define their exact needs and train employees.
- Keep track of employee performance
- Manage and improve communication Manage organizational and company culture
Purpose: Work under the Senior Management to develop Company HRD Policies and ensure their implementation.
Direct Report to: Executive Director
Location: Ovid group, Addis Ababa
Contract Type: Unlimited
- Minimum Master’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, and related fields
- At least Five (5) years of relevant professional experience working in related private/public institutions and/or NGOs, The position requires a combination of education and excellent experience in human resource policies such as talent hunting, employees’ benefits plans, compensation schemes, and performance appraisal with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, excellent oral and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present reports to different audiences, ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, ability to deliver outputs within tight timeframes, ability to work with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate ability to build consensus, ability to organize work, meet deadlines, prioritize work under pressure, full professional fluency in written and spoken English and computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexible, proactive, innovative, willingness to learn and willingness to face new challenges, enthusiastic about joining a diverse and inclusive work environment, ethical in maintaining confidentiality and anonymity when required.