|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Angla Business PLC is engaged food industry including production of fast food, catering, and food processing. The Company is in a transformation process to support its day-to-day operational activities with well-designed policies and procedures and integration through the ERP System. As part of the implementation, we would like to invite qualified, experienced and energetic candidates/applicants for the following positions.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly and annual) cost forecasts.
- Setting appropriate cost for purchase raw materials/ finished items for production and non-production purposes through verifying all pertinent documents.
- Setting Work-in-process costs for manufacturing lines on a timely bases.
- Setting Finished product costs for manufacturing lines.
- Record and maintain costs of Goods- In- Transit (GIT) for imported goods.
- Passing of all cost related financial entries on a timely bases as per the Finance Procedure and guidelines.
- Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, construction costs, inventory, and expense information for various customers as needed for decision making support.
- Set up new raw material, packaging, WIP, and FG items; create and maintain production BOMs; maintain periodic cost rolls/updates
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
- Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
- Prepares estimates of new and proposed product or service costs
- Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Good Knowledge of financial governance such as GAAP, IFRS, and other regulations as per the governing rules (for both management and legal requirement purposes)
- Ensure compliance of all legal requirements of the Company with respect to the financial activities.
Working place: Addis Ababa at Head office or Branches at different Sub Cities.
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting and Finance or related fields
- 6 years for Diploma and 4 years for BA. For both, at least 2 years as Cost Accountant.
- Basic computer knowledge particularly accounting software and other related accounting system, like MS office, Peachtree accounting. Knowledge and experience in the implementation and running of ERP/MRP is a plus.
- Experience in manufacturing, Import and Export lines of business is advantageous.
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and high confidence in stating professional opinions
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve issues with external and internal customers.
- Committed and result oriented work ethics.
- Undertake other duties which are appropriate to the level of the position, as directed by the Head-Finance/Senior Accountant.
- Interested applicants who fulfill the requirements are invited to send their CV along with all relevant working experience and educational credentials within 10 (ten) working days of the advertisement
- Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. Filling this application form is mandatory
- Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mark “Cost Accountant” in the subject line.
- Only short-listed applicants will be called for an interview and practical examination may be availed.
- All educational certifications should be from accredited educational institutions.