|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 17, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Cost accountant responsibilities include overseeing and analyzing cost expenditures and purchases within the organization. The cost accountant will review existing purchases, record data, recommend new cost-efficient and financially feasible cost options, and oversee purchasing costs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as import and export goods, raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Prepare budgeting reports (for the company and for each department)
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly, and annual) cost forecasts
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles all inventories
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
Education Level: BA degree in cost Accounting
IMPORT AND EXPORT Experience
Interested and qualified applicants who meet the above requirements can submit their applications. CV and non-returnable copies of credentials with in 10 consecutive working days.
Address: Bole Olympia Getu commercial center 9th floor room no 903