Country Director (Ethiopia)
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 28, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Can you help our Ethiopian market reach the next level of maturity? Are you an organised and data-driven manager that can help the team grow?
Triggerise builds digital platforms that motivate users - primarily young women and adolescent girls in Sub-Saharan Africa - to make positive choices. We have offices in the Netherlands, Portugal, South Africa, Kenya, and Ethiopia. We work together with local communities and use nudges like reminders, discounts, and reward points to encourage our users to access and use health products and services. We also support our users in becoming entrepreneurs and adding value to their economies. You can learn more about the work we do here.
In Ethiopia to date, our platform has connected over 75,000 adolescent girls and young women aged 15-24 to contraceptives and other health services in Addis Ababa and Afar. Triggerise has partnered with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and other donors to provide services to our users, based on results based financing (RBF). Our Ethiopian team consists of 20-25 employees and we have an office in Bole.
For this role, we are only looking for applicants based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
As the Country Director, you lead all aspects of country-level strategy and operations in Ethiopia. You collaborate with other internal teams and external stakeholders in order to optimise our impact.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading our local operations in an efficien, and data-driven way
- Planning, budgeting and implementation of the plans
- Optimising how the team operates to ensure that we hit our targets in a high-quality manner with minimal risk of fraud
- Growing and developing the skills and capacity of your team
- Building partnerships with our current and potential new donors, local and national government and other external stakeholders to ensure smooth operations and future fundraising
- Contributing to the national dialogue on SRH/JSE strategies and advocate for any changes in policy and practice in the sectors
- Ensuring we adhere to donor requirements, internal policies and national/local laws and regulations
- Enabling an optimised flow of information between your team and the rest of the organisation and between yourself and the company management team
- Growing our impact through the implementation and expansion of our products and brands
You are a strategic leader and a great organiser. You take decisions based on data and in collaboration with relevant others. You can connect people and functions across borders. You have an eye for new business opportunities and the networking capabilities to help Triggerise grow.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior management role
- You have experience overseeing a budget of minimally USD 1 million/year, experience with USAID, FCDO, or other international funding is a plus
- You have experience managing a multidisciplinary operational team
- You have at least 5 years of experience in program and project management in the health sector. Experience in SRH is a big plus
- You have experience in representing organisations at various fora
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and Amharic
In addition to your monthly salary, and in return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
- Great secondary benefits, such as health and accident insurance and a work from home package
- A personal development budget
- Unlimited holidays, if you can make it work with your team you’re good to go
- Growth opportunities
- A product to help shape as we grow, to leave your mark on how we do things
- A vision that we trust that you will do your job without us having to invent unnecessary rules and regulations
Interested? Click Apply for This Job! Want more information? Check out our website triggerise.org or contact our Global Recruiter. We only accept applications through the apply links, not by email.