|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Hospitality Institute is the local education project of the NGO PROJECT-E Education Empowers.
Education empowers - that is our mission statement, as we provide job opportunities for young Ethiopian women from underprivileged social backgrounds. Thereby we offer scholarships in hotel operation training based on the nationally accredited curriculum, next to our outstanding practical trainings with partner hotels as well as language and life-skill training. In total we are supporting about to 100 students within our long-term program (Level 2 Certificate in Hotel Operations) and short-term levels (House Keeping) in striving for a professional perspective to become financially independent as well as to gain selfconfidence and become empowered women.
What makes PROJECT-E unique is thereby not only our 90% success rate in assisting the students to find a suitable job after the training and our outstanding reputation in the hotel industry in Ethiopia with renowned partner and stakeholders. But also, our administrative structure and project management is exceptional:
On the one hand, we have the local Team in Addis, consisting of roughly 15 solely Ethiopian staff members. They implement the project and are responsible for the academical and sociological development of the students. On the other hand, PROJECT-E consists of a “Team International” with students and young professionals working voluntarily and webbased worldwide to coordinate and finance the operation. The currently advertised vacancy of the Country Representative takes in a bridging role between the teams and offers a dynamic, exciting, and meaningful hands-on job with a large sphere of influence and creativity.
Tasks & areas of responsibility
The Country Representative ́s general responsibilities include the following:
- Represent the PROJECT-E Hospitality Institute (PEHI), in all matters relating to the projects of the organization, as well as any future projects of PROJECT-E
- Coordinate the legal work in Ethiopia regarding all governmental bodies (TVET;Charities and Societies Agency, Project Signatories, Immigration Office, etc.)
- Report on a weekly basis to the Management regarding the development of the project, any ongoing issues or concerns, and the overall situation in Ethiopia
Establishment and maintaining of close networks and partnerships with other organizations and especially the building of further donor relations Regarding the established project, the Country Representative has the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a focal person for the PEHI and deliver all necessary tasks according to the strategy plans, while following up on financial and narrative reports as well as controlling and comparing the organization’s budget.
- Draft yearly budgets for the project in Ethiopia and submit the drafts to the Management Board for approval and close monitoring of the fund distribution and spending with quarterly reports and evaluations
- Represent PROJECT-E e.V. in all matters regarding human resources and finance, forward cases and discuss challenges regularly with the Board of Directors.
- Ensuring an empowering workplace for our local staff and international volunteers with means of capacity development. The goal is that the project will be completely locally rooted, and the entire operation is taken over by local staff in the future. Coordinate and advise a team of international and local volunteers.
Manage local public relations and fundraising activities.
- An annual salary of 324.000 ETB gross (negotiable) following local contracts
- Attractive social benefits (health insurance, transport and telephone allowances)
- A varied and responsible job in a team-oriented working environment with unique opportunity to shape and develop the project
- Attractive full-time job in Addis Ababa, with your own creative possibilities and in a cooperative working atmosphere flexible working time models Opportunities for continuing education and training (language courses, leadership skills, etc.)
- Paid flights to the strategy weekend in Europe twice a year
Duration position: Initial contract for 1 year, renewal upon mutual agreement
Working hours: 40h/week
- A university degree in Social Sciences (Sociology, Political Science, Public Administration, Development Policies, Education, Tourism, Gender Studies, Economics or similar), study abroad an advantage
- At least 2 years of field experience in project management and/or educational management Experience in the field of intercultural cooperation
- Proven experience in reporting for and common with donors and commissioning parties (experience with the Austrian Development Agency highly preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of monitoring and experience
- Strong analytical, documentation, problem solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills are considered key assets
- A high degree of initiative, motivation and ability to work under pressure
- Agreement with our mission statement women empowerment through education
- Very good communication, networking and teamwork skills
- Business fluent in English (mandatory)
- Excellent user knowledge of MS Office
ROJECT-E operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the
workplace. Qualified women, men people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV, letter of motivation and
references to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about this vacancy you can contact the Management Board under