|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The East Africa Bank (EAB), is headquartered in the Republic of Djibouti and opened for business in 2010. The Bank has demonstrated steady progress and has established itself as a leader in reliable delivery of financial services and solutions that are customer-centric and meet our client’s core expectations. We pride ourselves as a bank that understands the regional business trends and have a young vibrant and committed team. The Bank aims to expand its footprint in Ethiopia and in view of this is looking to recruit a Country Representative to be based in Ethiopia, to manage the core functions of the Company execute them in the way that is the most beneficial for the Company.
The Country Representative is responsible for planning, organization and management of the business activity of the Bank including Execution in accordance with the strategy, mission and goals of the Company within the local targets and global interests of the Bank.
The Country Representative will actualize the Bank’s strategic drive in the country, catalyze increased market share, assure enhanced service effectiveness in line with the Banks regional strategy and operational priorities. The Country Representative as a member of the Executive team will report to the CEO.
- Organization and relationship management of all correspondent Banking Relations including troubleshooting of issues, timely response to CBR complaints constant maintaining of relations within the various functions of the CBR i.e. Trade department, Operations and business development.
- Management of the business activity of the Company according to the market situation and plans, acting in a systematic and planned manner:
- Acquaintance with the strategic plan, policy and goals of the Company. Compilation of an annual plan subordinate thereto in accordance with the market situation, resources and strategic goals of the Company.
- Identification of opportunities and risks that may be used or that may influence the fulfillment of the plan and achievement of goals, performance of corresponding adjustments to plans.
- Keeping abreast with regulatory and other changes in the environment and advising accordingly .
- Other relevant duties that shall be communicated in furtherance of company strategy.
Required Skills and Experience Education and Skills:
- A university degree, preferable in Business Management, Finance or related field
- MBA in Banking and Finance or related field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10-years progressive banking management experience 5 of which should be in senior management in Business Development of Trade Finance front office;
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of marketing and sales principles and strategies
- Show understanding of the regional cross border business trends and context
- Knowledge in communication and public relations techniques within international environment.
- Excellent command of English, Amharic and Somali will be an advantage
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration and benefits package. The Country Representative , East Africa Bank, Ethiopia will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications accompanied by a detailed CV and Cover letter as a single document to
HR Manager, East Africa Bank; email@example.com
to be received on or before 06 July, 2021 with the subject line ‘‘, Country Representative, East Africa Bank, Ethiopia’’