|Location||Gambella, Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 30, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Enter all data accurately and in a timely manner per instructions of the Project coordinator, child protection officer and CPIMS Manager.
· Maintains accurate and up-to-date data.
· Assure protection of the systems and data by performing at least one system back up.
· Ensure that confidentiality of data collected and stored are maintained
· Ensure that data entry work is implemented as planned and in line with Save the Children policies and procedures and meet the expected standards.
· Produce high quality, analytical reports on child protection and supply to Save the Children’s management on regular basis
· Render required support to child protection programs when the need is aroused.
· Update data on beneficiaries on regular basis
· Support the Child Protection staffs, to use the national level IA CP IMS computer database and oversee regular and accurate updating of the system.
· Manage the integration of registration forms into the level of SOPs, and information flow
· Work closely with Child Protection staff on the design of systems and procedures for family tracing, reunification and follow up that place the best interests of the child as the guiding principle, and mentor them in on-going documentation and the organisation of paper information to ensure documentation meets required standards.
· Take active in the filling and documentation of child protection related documents in a confidential manner.
· Review and screen all data from the field before sharing it with senor staffs.
· Produce monthly, disaggregated statistics and qualitative updates of progress
· Produce monthly reports for dissemination to all UN, Government and other child protection actors operating in the area.
· Ensure that good practice is followed in managing information with respect for Do No Harm principles and confidentiality
· Serve as a focal point for data management, including adherence to SOPs and ISP and regional ISP for cross-border cases
· Responsible for collating and managing all UASC and OVC data for Tierkidi Refugee Camp, including data management of inter-camp tracing in closely working with child protection officers and other teams.
· Engage on other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma in computer science/IT with more 2-year work experience or Degree with one year experience in a data entry, management, dissemination or related position, preferably with increasing responsibilities.
- Proficiency in computer software such as Windows, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to work as a member of a multicultural development team.
- Efficient skill for posting data into computer
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience in working in refugee station in the area of child protection
- Be able to work under minimum supervision to achieve the set objectives.
- Commitment to Save the Children policies
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly developed relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed verbal and communication skills including fluency in English
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High levels of attention to detail and quality
- Computer literacy (including advanced excel skills)
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en