|Date Posted||November 1, 2019|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Nunhems Ethiopia PLC, established in 2015, is the Ethiopian entity of BASF Vegetable Seeds and part of the German Group BASF. BASF has activities in the Chemicals, Agricultural Solutions, Performace Products, Functional Materials and Oil and Gas Sectors. At BASF Vegetable Seeds we are dedicated to producing market-oriented vegetable varieties and seed products under the brand Nunhems and are committed to our customers.
Nunhems Ethiopia PLC is now recruiting qualified and result oriented Agronomists for our state-of-the-art high-tech seed production farm located at Minjar Shenkora Woreda - Arerti for the following additional position:
CROP SPECIALIST (AGRONOMIST) for High-tech Seed Production Farm - Arerti
Reporting to the Area Production Specialist, the Seed Production Crop Specialist will be trained on the farm on how to manage and monitor the different vegetable crops for seed production throughout all the stages of the crops in order to meet the production plan providing a consistent supply of high quality vegetable seeds.
- Assist with all aspects of seed production from production cycle preparation to harvest.
- Direct and timely control of specific agricultural tasks.
- Supervise the employees and labor.
- Supervise execution of spraying for disease and pest control in the fields.
- In charge of safety and safety culture of farm team
- Through continual communication keeps his/her supervisor informed of on-going crop management activities and in case actual problems regarding the execution of protocols in the crops.
- Preparing monthly, weekly and daily reports to the management
Your place of work:
- You will be based at the BASF Vegetable Seeds production farm at Arerti.
- Holding at least a BSc Degree in Agriculture or Horticulture related field with minimum of 3 year of experience in Vegetable Production.
- Good experience in cultivation of vegetable crops is an absolute requirement.
- Strong communication skills and sufficient level of English language are a must (both verbal and written).
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Working mainly in the high-tech greenhouse facilities (capable to handle greenhouse environment including heat) in combination with administrative work.
- Applicants should possess the following competencies: Analytical, Performance and Results driven, Reporting and Organizing skills, Flexibility, Accountability, Assertive decision making and Collaborating.
If you meet the above requirements, please email your personal application letter, detailed CV with three professional references including daytime contact telephone number, copies of certificates and testimonials not later than 15th of November, 2019 to: email@example.com