|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 25, 2020|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Providing MSF with an understanding of local, socio-cultural determinants. Supporting beneficiaries at airport, MSF Temporal Counselling Center (TCC) or any other MSF related structure with basic information regarding access to medical treatment, psychosocial assistance, transportation and other actors (legal, social,. etc) following MSF’s protocols, standards and procedures, in order to create links with the communities and contribute to the visibility an acceptance of MSF. Working closely with the supervisors, managers, coordinators and the other project staff in term of verbal and written translation that is needed to assure proper communication and information exchange within the area of operation.
• Priority: Provide face to face interpreting, as well as during telephone and radio calls or other telecom devices. Translate MSF internal/external documents into local languages.
• Informing patients and other beneficiaries (information sessions for minors and the others) about MSF and services ‘’during waiting time’’’ it provides and the constraints, procedures and opportunities in access of services (e.g. shelter, food) provided by other actors.
• Making the link between MSF staff and beneficiaries (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ‘’KSA’’ returnees) up on their arrivals at the airport supporting medical triage/consultation and mental health screening/counselling.
• Working closely with the different departments: Medical, mental health, humanitarian affairs, administration and logistic:
• Support the team in organizing the NFIs distribution and maintaining crowd control .
• Support the psychologists during group and individual sessions.
• Supports the project in collecting testimonies under close follow up of MHAM and field coordinator.
• Adapting communication to any circumstances, using appropriate language registry as well as diplomatic and courtesy manners by adapting the messages to the culture of the beneficiaries and developing reading capability of the context in which he should operate.
• Participating in creation then distributing of any materials needed for Information Communication Education (IEC materials) like mental health leaflets or other education brochures.
• Accompanying and following up beneficiaries to referrals (health and social care facilities) as needed. Report important information expressed by the beneficiaries, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
. As he/she is regular MSF staff, he/she has to ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy, participating in different staff trainings/meetings and look after all equipment provided by MSFMSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
· If necessary: surveillance of the phone usage in coordination with log supervisor in the project entry ports (airport as well as other) and with the social worker in TCC.
· In coordination with the psychologists: support the identification of minors at the airport, inform them about available services and support the linking process to IOM/ protection service.
· In TCC: support recreational activities and daily life activities of the beneficiaries in coordination with social worker and psychologists.
· Delivery NFI to the beneficiaries and keep the records and MSF procedures (pijama, under wear, t-shirt, pants, flip-flop, bus ticket, perdiem, etc).
· Administratively professional and respectful to address challenges in regards to Human Resources or other challenges encountered in his duty, ensuring assertive respect of the communication channels to his/her supervisors, managers and all other team colleagues in order to favour a conducive work environment.
· Be proactive in reporting team and patients needs and finding adapted solutions.
. Be open to carry out other duties as per request of his direct supervisor or manager.
|Education||• Desirable degree in social science, social communication or teaching|
• Training in interpretation or intercultural mediation is an asset.
|Experience||• Previous experience in translation and cultural mediation preferable|
• Experience with other NGOs preferable.
|Languages||• Fluency in English mandatory|
• Fluency in at least one of the beneficiaries’ languages is mandatory (beneficiaries languages: Oromifa orTigrinya and Amharic).
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L1 • Teamwork and Cooperation L1 • Behavioural Flexibility L1 • Commitment to MSF Principles L1 • Service Orientation L1 • Stress Management L2.|
All applicants should send a CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of national ID card either by email to msfe-Addisemail@example.com (please indicate ¨On the subject box: the vacancy title, ¨your name¨ ON THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR COVER LETTER) OR give in person to MSF Spain Addis Ababa Office.
Posting date: 24 April 2020
Closing date: 04 May 2020
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.