|Location||Addis Ababa, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Dairy Specialist is based in The Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity Oromia regional Office, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with frequent travel to Oromia region project areas and reports directly to the Oromia regional manager and liaise closely with National and regional livestock technical team and other regional staffs. The dairy specialist will work with small, medium and large-scale dairy processors, Milk collection centers cooperatives and unions to develop stronger dairy markets, and will work with dairy farmer organizations to increase the production of high quality dairy products in the project areas. The specialist will be responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, facilitating and monitoring a wide range of dairy development activities from the farm level to the processor level including retail milk marketing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement intervention plans in terms of training, provision of advisory services, market assistance and business linkages that respond to the needs of value chain businesses.
- Interact and communicate with Dairy value chain actors on a regular basis to establish solid relationships and understanding of their needs.
- Manage customer driven as well as self-directed product development activities with a focus on the dairy category
- Work with customers to develop new products and introduce novel uses for existing products
- Establish networks and collaborative partnerships with similar and complementary initiatives, undertaken by other actors such as MoLF, Regional, Zonal and Woredas AGPS Livestock Bureau, private investors and development agencies working on private sector development.
- Provide guidance to increase women's involvement in livestock businesses and participation in decision-making processes within the sector.
- Provided technical supports on utilization and adaptation of proven livestock technologies
- Document project results, lessons learned and present findings at relevant forums.
- Generate periodic reports on project activities and other topics as assigned.
- Facilitate field visits for local and international experts.
- Support the Livestock Value Chain team and other the project teams in the implementation and daily management of the Project work plan.
- Implement any project assignments given by immediate supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in related field of study from a recognized University;
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a senior technical and/or agribusiness advisory position within the Dairy sector.
- Clear understanding of the business community and extensive work experience with an NGO or Development contractor environment, preferably with experience working within USAID projects; at least 3 years is in a management position;
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and to work with minimum supervision in order to meet changing deadlines;
- Good analytical and writing skills with the ability to synthesise and integrate data into reports;
- Excellent team building and organizational skills together with the ability to interact across a multi-cultural environment;
- Fluency in English, Amharic and local language
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to ftfe-vca_recruit@Fintrac.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telephone communication will result automatic disqualification.