|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2021|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
What is Beyond Dance Studio?
Beyond Dance Studio is the first of its kind in Ethiopia offering a wide range of kids to young adult dance classes from ballet, jazz, hip hop, technique and beyond. We as a company are committed to grow your dancers at an accelerated rate through dedication and discipline. Beyond Dance’s vision is to introduce the joy of dance to hundreds of children across Addis Ababa. As a start-up dance studio, we are seeking motivated and innovative individuals who are looking for diverse work experiences.
We are looking to hire a Dance Teacher (Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz, Hip Hop and cultural dance ) who is passionate about dance and loves to work with childrens to join our lively children's dance studio in the heart of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. As dance instructor, you will be responsible for training a group of dancers in a chosen area of dance.
We have one position available to the role of Dance instructor is to teach our students various dance techniques, as well as engage in numerous activities of the dance studio such as performances, summer schools and access events. If you have a passion for dance and love to work with children, we encourage you to apply. Proven experience and knowledge of dance related fields is strongly encouraged.
- Structure and teach dance classes as scheduled.
- Teach cultural dance
- Choreograph routines and select music for recitals and concerts.
- Maintain appropriate staff/student relationships
- Supervise rehearsals
- Attend demonstrations, auditions and lectures
- Participate in the audition selection process as required
- Produce written assessments on student progress
- Record and report on student attendance
- Attend staff meetings and training usually within normal working hours but also others that fall before the start, or at the end of each term
- Record notes of conversations with parents
- Attend Continuing Professional Development training
- Ability to communicate with a divers group of teaches and students
- Engage , encourage and motivate students to reach their goals
- Providing a fun and creative environment
- Keep up to date in your discipline and implement any changes to dance routine s and curriculum as needed
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required and that fall within the scope and range of the job.
Note: this job description reflects the current situation. It does not preclude change or development that might be required in the future
- Knowledge and passion for dance
- Past professional performance career
- Education level: Certificate - bachelor degree in health wellness, fitness and other related fields
- Strong verbal communication in english is required
- 2 years experience and interest in fitness related fields
- High work ethic
- Knowledge of dance teaching strategies understanding of music, tempo, cueing technique and written
- Choreography ance teaching strategies understanding of music, tempo, cueing technique and wnd music skills
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing personality
- Adaptable with the ability to prioritize tasks