|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
Key Performance Areas
- Engage in all activities of the Danish Red Cross Society Supported projects duties; such as preparation of plans, follow up of timely implementation and reporting of the project progress. Taking timely and appropriate action to address delays in relation to project implementation and reporting.
- In consultation with the DRR department liaise with external partners, including government officers, NGO and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide daily management and supportive supervision of project activities at operational areas of the project; including regular field visits to project sites, providing training and technical assistance , assigning duties and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on regular basis to ensure high quality of work and accurate completion of duties with in agreed time frame.
- Coordinates and facilitates the implementation of all project activities according to the MOU signed between ERCS and DRC;
- Develop detailed annual implementation plan including budget and work breakdown schedule in collaboration with DRC prograramme delegate and key project staff.
- Monitor the progress against implementation plan, review plans and ensures accomplishment of quality work against the log frame and indicators as outlined in the project proposal.
- Use the projected templates and tools to conduct periodic monitoring of the DRC supported projects and take timely action for those activities based on project priorities.
- Ensure the preparation and timely submission of quality financial and narrative reports as per donor requisitions, deadline and reporting formats.
- Establish and promote clear and positive communications between DRC supported projects staff members at the HQ and field level, project beneficiaries and their communities In coordination with ERCS officers and other stakeholders implement the community engagement and accountability (CEA) system including data collection, analysis, monitoring and development of feedback tools and mechanisms.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners in all aspects of the project including beneficiary targeting (ensuring transparent and effective targeting of beneficiaries based on clear selection criteria and participatory methods), identification of needs, capacity building, social inclusion and other areas of collaboration.
- Ensure to have relevant data or statistics for the purpose of generating the progress of regluer reports and lessons learned. Report regularly for DRR department head on the status of the project activities, challenge faced and actions taken related to the implementation of the project. Contribute to coordination and sharing of lessons learned, good practices and tools with ERCS and RDC staff and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and information on changes to workflows and procedures to staffs members, in accordance with the internal process and procedures of the national society.
- Represent the project in meetings and workshops as needed. Prepare reports, briefings, background information ,narratives and statistical report as necessary and requires for DRR department; compile the project successes, lessons learned , best practices and provide suggestions and ideas, that can helps for the program scale-up.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality of all related information of the project by implementation the national society relevant policy and procedures in line with standards and rules of the Danish red cross supported programs.
- Closely follow up monitor the proper and efficient utilization of the project budget.
- Compile the project success, lessons learned ,best practices and provide suggestion and ideas that can help for the program for scale-up.
- Support and contribute to the overall management of the DRC supported projects by suggesting potential and constructive ideas to improve the execution of the project.
- Organize and take the lead role to have review forums of the project progress among the project team, partners and stakeholders in ways to bring smooth implementation and hand over the project.
- Request the procurement of office equipment, furniture, stationary and other relevant material for the project as well as follow up on the progress and distribute purchased materials for the project implementation branches.
- Support regional /zonal branch field teams in timely planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting (including financial) all project activities.
- Ensure the implementation of the planned activities of the projects against the established framework that includes annual work-plan, targets, monitoring tools, and result indicators.
- Head of Disaster Risk Reduction
Terms of employment
- Contract for one year
- M.A./B.A. degree in Management/ Development studies/ Economics/ Sociology or social anthropology , Social work studies.
- Minimum of 8/10 years work experience with community-based approaches project /programme.
- Proven coordination skills and knowledge in project /program management considered an advantage.
- Willing to give voluntary service to the society with his/her own initiative.
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this announcement on July 6th ,2021.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage