|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Position: Data Analysis & Reporting Officer
Place of Work: Head Office
Opening Date: July 16, 2020
About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in four of the Regional States of the country.
VisionFund MFI is currently looking for candidates for the position of Data Analysis & Reporting Officer. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
- Major Responsibilities:
Preparation and analysis of operation report:
- Receives reports from Area offices and compiles data on credit and saving operation periodically;
- Analyzes the data on the performance of credit and saving operations against performance targets set in the business plan for the MFI and for the branches and report to the DCEO;
- Keeps and properly documents periodic reports in soft and hard copies;
- Collects/compiles/ and submits weekly branch portfolio status report;
- Prepare quarterly report for NBE, DBE and AEMFI.
Follow up and report on written of loans
- Maintains data base on written off loans;
- Submits status report on written off loans on quarterly or as requested;
- Follows up with Legal department and other concerned bodies and submits complete report on amount recovered from written off loans;
- Prepares fraud analysis report as the incident occurs and provides status report every quarter and on demand.
Follow up on timely fund transfer to branches
- In coordination with the Finance and Accounts department ensure that branches received on time fund they requested and sent to Finance after approval by concerned authority;
- Ensures the clearance of audit findings by respective branches and submits status report to the DCEO;
- Assists the DCEO in all matters pertaining to operation activities including ensuring the execution of assignments to branches;
- supervise and evaluate performance of Data Encoders of child saving
- Authorize account creation, Customer creation and balance posting
- Creation of accounts/day
- Creation of customers/day
- Posting balances/day
- Issuance of passbook/day
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- BA/BSc Business Administration/Accounting/Economics/statistics/computer science.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data compilation, analysis and related.
- Good understanding of microfinance business;
- Self-starter and perseverance in character
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications;
- Very good communication and data interpretation skills.
Terms of employment: Permanent
Closing Date: July 23, 2020
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Candidates who fulfill the requirements can send their application, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of up to three references and non-returnable copies of credentials to: VFE_vacancy@wvi.org
Note: - Only short listed candidates will be contacted for subsequent assessment