|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2022|
|Category|| Data Entry |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About the job
- TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
- Program Description:
The program will help farmers boost productivity and expand trade. Specifically, the Regrow Yirga program seeks to serve 42,000+ farmers, 45+ processing businesses, and coffee industry service providers. The project will launch an innovative Farmer Stumping Fund which will facilitate direct incentive (tools or cash) transfers to farmers to encourage tree rejuvination which has the potential to be scaled up to over 1 million coffee farmers nation-wide.
This USD 15 million project finds its roots in TechnoServe’s 10+ years of experience working with the coffee farmers in Ethiopia. Our work was recently honored as the “Origin Charity of the Year” by the National Coffee Association – the leading trade organization for the coffee industry in the United States.
III. Position Description:
The Data Encoders will be responsible for entering data related to the monitoring and evaluation of the Regrow Yirga program in Ethiopia.
Iv. Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter all data related to agronomy training, surveys or others as indicated by the MEL Manager
- Follow up on the first three months’ farmers’ attendance sheet, collect and arrange photocopies at the field, file them in an orderly manner and bring or send the copies to Addis office.
- Complete Data Entry back check for all data entered
- Filing and organizing the hard copies of all the data gathered
- Creating a data inventory of entered data
- Reporting on progress of data entry and expected completion times.
- Assure the accuracy of all data entered
- Printing attendance or other M&E materials and stapling.
- Updating Attendance tracker forms and printing
- Support in translation or review translated M&E materials in local languages
- Organizing transportation for sending documents or arranging other means like DHL and delivering to the postal office.
- Facilitate/deliver data collection tools, Agronomy attendance sheets or other materials as requested by the MEL Manager
- Any other duties assigned by the MEL Manager
- Required Skills & Experience:
- Diploma in IT, Computer Science and or other fields with a minimum of 1-year experience in performing data entry.
- Familiarity with Excel and Word software.
- Perform basic Excel functions such as custom sort, filter, copy, paste, freeze rows/columns and can conduct search find and replace in Excel.
- Ability to touch type at 35 words a minute, minimum.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Oral and written communication skills that is clear and concise in both English and Amharic.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
VII. Success Factors:
Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) directly related to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
- Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
- Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
- Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
- Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.