|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2022|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Tridge (https://www.tridge.com/es/) is a global agricultural trading platform that makes cross-border trade easy and frictionless. With our proprietary global sourcing hub, we go beyond matching buyers and sellers of 15,000 agricultural goods. This is facilitated through our one-stop fulfillment service that includes due diligence, supplier certificate verification, contract negotiation, packaging, shipping, customs, and many more. Powering the global sourcing hub is our data and intelligence services. Our exclusive database covers 11 million data points of agricultural goods and collects 50,000 data points each day. With greater transparency and real-time updates in price, quality, and trade volumes, Tridge removes the information asymmetry prevalent in many markets.
The Platform Operation Center at Tridge is part of the Product Growth Department and focuses on monitoring and optimizing platform products (data, insights, news, supplier directory).
A Data Manager will be responsible for gathering insights & data in the agriculture industry from online and offline sources to enhance the platform products. Also, a Data Manager will engage actively with Tridge’s global staff to collect internal price data, insights, and supplier and buyer information. Working with the Product Growth Department, a Data Manager will optimize and develop Tridge’s supplier directory and market intelligence feature by collecting global agriculture market information across in different formats.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Continuous platform product monitoring, enhancement, and optimization in collaboration with PM and Contents & Marketing team.
* Agriculture company profiling based on online and offline research
* Price and trade data collection via active communication with global staffs (market analysts, global fulfillment team)
* Other ad-hoc tasks requested by the Product Growth Department
* A diploma/equivalent or higher
* English proficiency of business level or above
* Strong attention to detail
* Online research skills, including multilingual search result interpretation
* Basic MS Office skills
* Proficient in managing time and workload, completing projects independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision and guidance
* Experience working remotely is a plus
* Experience as a data entry operator, preferably for supplier directory services / market intelligence platform or equivalent
* Fully remote work. Working hours will be 10 AM-7 PM KST as a default, but room for a flexible work schedule is available. Communication will be done by a messenger(Slack) and required to be responsive during working hours