|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|July 14, 2022
About Digital Green
Digital Green is an international non-government organization that empowers smallholder farmers to lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the collective power of technology and grassroots-level partnerships. We join forces with governments, private agencies, CSOs and, most importantly, rural communities themselves to co-create digital solutions that help smallholder farmers increase productivity and income. In Ethiopia, Digital Green is working in four regions in introducing and scaling video-extension approach, in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture and Regional Bureaus of Agriculture and Natural Resource. For more information, please visit Digital Green’s website: .
Rigorous data analysis and farmer feedback continually challenge our assumptions and identify new ways that technology coupled with local knowledge can push the needle on agriculture, food and nutrition security.
Digital Green is entering an exciting phase of development as it expands to additional digital solutions, agricultural commodities and geographies. As part of this expansion, Digital Green is building a team of exceptional individuals with a passion for finding solutions to pressing development problems. This is an exciting opportunity to join Digital Green’s growing team in Ethiopia, supporting our ongoing and new programs.
Job Title: Data Officer
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reporting to Digital Green’s MEL Head, the Data Officer position will be responsible for monitoring, collating and analyzing project performance data, ensuring it is accurate and adequately meets the reporting requirements the organizations and projects implemented within the organization.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection tools and systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize program efficiency and quality
- Supervise, lead and collect data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Generate program data based on requests from MEL Manager, MEL Head, and program teams
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations to help share program performances
- Inspect quality of data from Digital Green Program implementation through regular data quality assurance practices and suggest corrective measures
- Provide data management training and coaching to field coordinators and partners
- Follow up timely entry of program data in to COCO (Digital Green’s data management system)
- Provide technical support to the field team on Digital Green’s data base management system
- Check the quality of farmer profiles before they are uploaded to COCO
- Working closely with the MEL manager and MEL head with in the department and with the program and the technology departments to identify process improvement opportunities
- Occasional travel to project operation areas based on need
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills And Competencies
- BSc Degree in Information technology, statistics or related field. The applicant must have knowledge of information technology either as a major or minor subject.
- 2-5 years of experience as in data management, analysis, quality assurance and reporting
- Experience with SQL data management system, power bi, and excel is required
- Strong analytical and visualizations skills
- Good knowledge of project management and communications skills is a requirement
- Knowledge of mobile data collection technologies such as KOBO/ODK is a plus
Digital Green is a great place to work and prides itself on a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Digital Green is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.